Saturday, May 14, 2022

May 14, 2022 Lunch - Salami and Manchego cheese sandwich Dinner - PPI Chicken Curry Chowder with fresh Spinach

May 14, 2022 Lunch - Salami and Manchego cheese sandwich Dinner - PPI Chicken Curry Chowder with fresh Spinach


I started the morning by eating a bowl of granola with milk and yogurt and tropical fruit salad.





We then went the Farmer’s Market.  We bought local honey from Cedar Crest and eight plants, two Shishito peppers, five tomatoes, and something else. I also bought a French baguette and an almond croissant from French Riviera Bakery.


Then we drove to Albuquerque Water Gardens and Nursery at 1800 Candelaria where we bought a blue Pickle water plant, four gold fish and 10 small mosquito eating fish.


We have 4 water lilies and Suzette says she will bring some water iris from the Center.


We then went home and Suzette put the fish and the plant into the pond.


I rested after walking around the Farmer’s Market and Albuquerque Water Gardens.


It was noon and although we had nibbled on the delicious baguette, we were hungry.  Suzette ate Tropical fruit salad and yogurt.  I toasted a slice of fresh baguette and made a salami sandwich with Mayo, Manchego cheese, and salami.  When I opened the wedge of Manchego it was wonderfully fresh.  


I had not slept well last night so I rested until 4:30, when I went out to the patio and trimmed 1/2 of the Don Juan rose bush. Suzette worked in her office.


I was hungry at 5:00 so I sliced some Manchego that I ate on Triscuits and started watching game 7 between Tampa Bay Lightening and Toronto Maple Leafs.


Soon Suzette joined me and ate some Manchego and Triscuits.


We were still hungry so around 6:00 Suzette cleaned the spinach she had had picked at the Center and fetched the remaining PPI Chicken Curry Chowder and heated it.  Then she made a wine spritzer with Wiemer Salmon Run Riesling by adding club soda, but it was still rather sweet.  Salmon run is a mix of many Riesling grapes that are not grown in Wiemer vineyards, so often expressed the characteristic of the year it is grown.  This year must have been a long sunny year because the wine is really sweet. I drank an apple cider to keep with the theme of historic American food combinations.


Suzette put fresh spinach on the bottom of pasta bowls and then filled the bowls with chowder.  Suzette also toasted four slices of French Baguette that we dipped into the chowder for a lovely meal.






After dinner we watch the Lightening beat Toronto, which probably struck fear in almost every other NHL team because the Lightening won the Stanley Cup in the last two years.


I also quartered five Persian cucumbers and added them to fill the dill pickle jar.


We then watched Father Brown and Death in Paradise.  I made a cup of tea and ate 1 oatmeal cookie with it.  I am cutting back on sugar again.


Suzette went to bed at 10:00 but I stayed up to watch Edmonton beat LA in their game seven.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment