Saturday, May 28, 2022

May 28, 2022 Brunch - Bacon and Herb Omelet. Snack - Fried Oysters and Seaweed Salad. Dinner - Pork, onion, Shishito, and Roasted Vegetable Sauté

May 28, 2022 Brunch - Bacon and Herb Omelet. Lunch - Caesar Salad. Snack - Fried Oysters and Seaweed Salad. Dinner - Pork, onion, Shishito, and Roasted Vegetable Sauté 

When I awakened Suzette was talking by our house guests Robin and Janie.  Suzette mentioned the Farmers’ Market and I mentioned tamales, crepes, arid French Riviera Bakery’s croissants.


Suzette left for work and I showed them some of the art and then they left.


Willy called and we decided to cook breakfast here, so I started frying 4 slices of bacon.  When Willy arrived I went to the garden and snipped two chives and a sprig of garlic greens, and several sprigs of tarragon.


When I returned I minced the herbs and added them to 4 whisked eggs and made an omelet.



We drank Earl Grey tea with breakfast.


We talked after breakfast until 12:00 when Willy left to go meet friends to watch the EUFA championship Match between Liverpool and Real Madrid.


I drove to Smith’s and bought asparagus, a red bell pepper, green beans, potatoes, fresh oysters, ground pork, ground beef, three salmon fillets, another package of bacon, eggs, bagels, and two small Aji tuna steaks.


I will make sashimi for lunch tomorrow or Monday and also make Gravad lax.


When I returned at 1:30 I made a real Cesar Salad with romaine lettuce, a diced tomato, a sliced radish, slices of onion, anchovies, and slices of Pecorino-Romano cheese and watched the match until 3:00 when Suzette returned from work.  Real Madrid amazed me by winning the match.  Both teams had rosters full of international super stars, so it was a great game.



When she saw the two bottles of oysters she exclaimed that she had been wanting oysters and made fried oysters with the 8 oysters.  She made an egg dipping in one bowl and mixed flour and crushed saltine crackers in another bowl to coat the oysters.


She then fried the battered oysters in 1/4 inch of hot canola oil.








When the oysters were fried and drained of excess grease, she served them in a bowl with a pile of seaweed salad.  Suzette made a fancy tartare sauce by adding pickle relish to a bowl of PPI crab Louis Sauce containing horseradish, shallot, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and catsup.






Suzette drank beer and I made a wine spritzer with the last of the Salmon Run Riesling and club soda and ice.


We ate this lovely snack around 4:00


The oysters were wonderful.  I think we will use crushed saltines for the coating in the future.  Seeing the pictures makes my mouth water.


We the rested until 6:00 when I awakened and watched game 6 between the NY Rangers and Carolina Canes in the Eastern semi-finals of the Stanley Cup playoffs. NY won to send the series to a game 7.


At 8:00 we watched Father Brown and then I made my dinner.  I sautéed 1/2 cup of the ground pork, some onion slices, a diced Shishito pepper, a sliced, a diced clove of garlic, and some sage.  When that was cooked I added the PPI Roasted Brussels sprouts, onion, and potato from last night’s meal.  Suzette ate a few bites with a glass of German Riechart Riesling and ate most of the dish with an Angry Orchard Crisp apple cider.





We watched Death in Paradise and then the Indian Doctor and went to bed at 11:00.


 I am proud that I ate no sweets today.k except for jam on the toast at brunch and the apple cider at dinner.


I also believe eating four meals is a good idea; breakfast at 9:00 to 10:00, lunch at 1:30 to 2:00, a snack at 4:00 to 5:00, and a light dinner at 8:00 to 9:00.


The fried oysters and seaweed salad were the high point of the food chain today.


Bon Appetit






 

No comments:

Post a Comment