Wednesday, May 4, 2022

May 4, 2022 Lunch - Salmon Fried Rice and PPI Catalan Spinach and acorn squash. Dinner - Roast Chicken with Sautéed Squash, garlic, tomato, onion, green peas, and PPI Spaghetti with cream and Tarragon

May 4, 2022 Lunch - Salmon Fried Rice and PPI Catalan Spinach and acorn squash. Dinner - Roast Chicken with Sautéed Squash, garlic, tomato, onion, green peas, and PPI Spaghetti with cream and Tarragon 


I started the day with a bowl of granola with blueberries, yogurt and milk.


Suzette was working in the garden today, mainly to clean out the pond.


When she came in at lunch, she suggested coking something with the PPI rice.  I suggested adding fresh salmon.  She combined the PPI Catalan Spinach with acorn squash, apple, and cranraisins instead of raisins.


It was delicious and there was some left for breakfast tomorrow.


I rested in the afternoon.  Suzette thawed a chicken this morning and stuffed it with lemon slices and tarragon and roasted it on a spandex rack at 400 degrees for 15 minutes and then for a hour at 350 degrees. 





At 6:00 we discussed the vegetable accompaniment and settled on a kind of spaghetti primavera .  I diced a yellow squash, 4 cloves of garlic, 1/2 of a small onion.  Suzette then sautéed the vegetables and added frozen green peas and finally some of the PPI spaghetti from last night’s dinner.


I chilled a bottle of 2020 Claire Patelin Cotes Du Gascogne French Sauvignon Blanc.   I Love this wine that I think cost $5.99 at Trader Joe’s.  I went particularly well with the roast chicken because it does not have any citrus flavor. Instead it has a good balance between fruit and acidity that characterizes Cotes de Gascogne wines.


When the chicken was done Suzette sautéed the ingredients with the PPI spaghetti and I sliced the thighs from the chicken.


Suzette plated the pasta into pasta bowls and then I lay a thigh on hers and a thigh and a wing on my bowl.






We enjoyed this lovely dinner that was almost exactly as it would be served in Southern France.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment