Friday, May 13, 2022

May 13, 2022 Lunch - Spaghetti and meatloaf. Dinner - Grilled Rib Steak, salad, corn on the cob, and Sautéed Shishito peppers

 May 13, 2022 Lunch - Spaghetti and meatloaf. Dinner - Grilled Rib Steak, salad, corn on the cob, and Sautéed Shishito peppers


I started the day at 3:30 a.m. making a bowl of Tropical Fruit Salad by cubing a papaya, a pineapple, two mangoes, and peeling and segmenting four or five small oranges and adding the juice of two limes.


At 8:30 I ate a bowl of granola with milk and yogurt and tropical fruit salad.





I then started on preparing my taxes by separating 2021 tax documents from 2022 tax documents.


I started thawing a steak at 11:00.


At 1:30 I heated PPI spaghetti, spaghetti sauce and sliced me meatloaf and drank water with it.


I registered for Trusted Traveler status after lunch and then checked my portfolio.  I was a good day with an increase of over 3% but that increase still left a loss for the week.  I am pretty upset that the market has taken back 25% of my total gain and is now below where it finished at the end of 2020.


Suzette came home at 5:00 and read the paper, while I walked 1/2 mile in 30 minutes.p without weakness.  I am making progress.


When I returned home I picked through the fresh garden lettuce Suzette brought from the Center and then spun it to clean it.


We each put a handful on our respective plates.  I then sliced a tomato while Suzette sliced radishes and a cucumber into the salad.


I freshened the dressing with juice of 1/2 lemon, some premium olive oil, and an egg.


Suzette started a pot of water boiling and boiled two ears of corn and started sautéing 10 Shishito peppers in a skillet and I took over, while Suzette started grilling the steak.


I found a bottle good 2012 bottle of grand vin from St. emillion I bought at Trader Joe’s for $17.95.


When everything was ready I sliced the steak, and dressed the salads and Suzette put an ear of corn and five or 6 sautéed Shishito peppers on each plate. I poured glasses of wine and we carried our plate and glass of wine to the table in the gazebo where we enjoyed eating dinner in the cool evening air.







We each drank an after dinner drink and watched Dallas beat Calgary to force their series to a game 7.


We went bed a bit after 10:00.


Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment