Friday, February 25, 2022

February 24, 2022. Lunch - Cream of Green Chili and Chicken Soup. Dinner - PPI Steam Roasted Chicken Thighs, PPI Roasted Root Vegetables, and steamed Green Beans

February 24, 2022. Lunch - Cream of Green Chili and Chicken Soup. Dinner - PPI Steam Roasted Chicken Thighs, PPI Roasted Root Vegetables, and steamed Green Beans

For breakfast I toasted a slice of French Baguette and spread Marian berry  preserves and lay slices of Gouda cheese on it and melted it in the microwave for 33 seconds.  I ate it with a cup of tea.

Then at 11:15 I drove down to the Palmer’s where I found a bowl of Cream of Green Chili and Chicken soup with toasted pieces of green chili rolls.


The soup was delicious. I had forgotten what a great soup Cream of Green Chili and Chicken Soup is.


We drove to Placitas at 12:00 for the book club meeting.


I took a bottle of Emma Reichard rose of Pinot Noir.


After the meeting I drove Charlie home and then drove to Smith’s to shop.  I bought some green beans, two bags of breaded shrimp, a container of cherry and a container of chocolate ice cream and potatoes.


I arrived home at 5:30, too late to meditate.  Suzette was at home and we decided to heat the three remaining pieces of lemon baked chicken and some of the leftover roasted vegetables and steam the green beans.


We invited Willy for dinner and then I snapped the green beans.


Then we made a mirepoix by chopping carrots, an onion, and two stalks of celery that she sautéed and then made a rich beef broth in the large casserole and diced and added the leftover steak, a cup of barley and two cups of lentils to make a beef and barley soup.




When Willy arrived Suzette started heating the chicken and vegetables and steamed the green beans and I opened a bottle of Spanish La Granja white wine, a combination of Viura and Verdejo grapes.


We enjoyed a pleasant dinner of PPIs and discussed our trip to Mexico and then Suzette helped Willy plan his trip to Mexico.


After dinner Willy left and Suzette made small bowls of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup.


I went to bed at 8:30.


Today the market finally turned from strongly negative to strongly positive, an over 800 point swing. I had my best day ever because Square had a good earning and prognosis report, a 4% increase computed after the after market Square earning announcement.


Bon Appetit








No comments:

Post a Comment