Monday, February 7, 2022

February 7, 2022 Lunch - Herring in Cream Sauce on toast sandwiches. Dinner - Lamb Shanks with Egg Noodles and Steamed Sugar Snap Peas

February 7, 2022 Lunch - Herring in Cream Sauce on toast sandwiches. Dinner - Lamb Shanks with Egg Noodles and Steamed Sugar Snap Peas


I had a busy day with two appointments and going to two banks to deposit checks.


I ate a bowl of granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt around 10:00.


Then at 2:00 when I checked my portfolio it was down a bit.


I toasted two slices of whole wheat toast and spread sour cream and then creamed herring for a quick lunch.


I then took the box of lamb shanks out of the freezer went to pick up a check at Aaron’s and took it to the bank.


I got home just before 4:00 and watched Ari Melber and dozed until 5:00.


Suzette arrived at 5:00 but was busy.  I walked 1/2 mile and felt good all the way.  I guess the walking I did in Taos helped me development some added strength.


When I returned we discussed dinner. We had agreed upon heating one of the two lamb shanks in the box. The lamb shank is pre-cooked and sauced with a pomegranate and fig sauce was very tender and delicious.  This box of two cooked shanks cost $20.00, which seems like a very fair price.  I have not found fresh lamb shanks anywhere in Albuquerque.



Suzette snapped and steamed a handful of sugar snap peas and boiled a cup of egg noodles.




I opened a 2018 Clos Saint Michel Chateau du Pape. Just as the back label said the wine was highly concentrated with a long finish.




The strong wine tasted wonderful with the lamb shank and the egg noodles marinated by the sauce was really delicious.


After the heavy food I drank a sip of Calvados and several chocolate Fondant filled Godiva chocolate hearts and a cup of tea.


I watched the US women lose to the Canadian women’s hockey team 4 to 2 and then went to bed at 11:45.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment