Wednesday, February 23, 2022

February 22, 2022 Lunch - Dumplings. Dinner - Sautéed Brats with Sautéed Cabbage and steamed broccoli and cauliflower

February 22, 2022 Lunch - Dumplings. Dinner - Sautéed Brats with Sautéed Cabbage and steamed broccoli and cauliflower

I woke up at 6:00 and worked on the brief until 9:00 when I toasted a bagel , spread it with cream cheese and garnished it with slices of red onion, Gravad lax, and capers. I drank a cup of Earl Grey tea with it.  After breakfast I thawed out two brats for dinner.




At 10:00 Rahim and I had a what app telephone conversation with an Indian stock broker who will help us dematialise and sell our Indian bank shares.  


I showered and dressed and worked until 12:00 and then napped until 1:30.  The film people came at 2:00 to look at the living room. I was thrilled when one f them said their mother owned a Van Hassler when he saw my two in the foyer, so I showed them some of my art.


Finally at 2:45 when they left I sautéed the last 8 dumplings and them for lunch.  I have become really fond of the chicken filled dumplings at Costco.  They seem to be the 70% carb and 30% protein combo that is perfect for my diet.




Suzette came home around 3:45.


I worked until 5:45 and then watched the news with Suzette, which was not good.  Russia recognized the independence of the two Eastern Ukraine provinces without asking Ukraine if it wanted to give up some of its sovereign territory and then sent troops into the two provinces Putin declared autonomous to protect them, a move President Biden and all other European nations declared was an act of war that triggered sanctions. Germany de-certified the Nord Stream 2 pipeline and the U.S. blocked the funds and finagling dealings of two Russian banks.


Suzette ate some chips and avocado crema and then at 6:30 we started dinner.  I sliced 1/2 head of cabbage, 1/2 onion, and 1/2 apple.  Suzette then sautéed the cabbage, onion slices, and apple slices in a large cast iron skillet in olive oil and season with white vinegar and sugar.


In another smaller skillet she boiled the brats in beer and then when the beer evaporated she added butter and sautéed the brats until their skins crisped.  I cut portions of stalks of broccoli and cauliflower into bite sized flowerets and then Suzette steamed them.


Suzette fetched the bottle of blue cheese mustard Don and Bev gave us for Christmas plus the mayonnaise. 


I fetched the 12 pack of Negra Modelos from the garage and Suzette fetched the box cutter and I cut 1/2 of the top of the box open so we could easily lift the bottles out. 


Soon everything was ready and Suzette plated the food.  Everything was delicious.  This is my favorite German style dish that Suzette makes.





I went back for seconds of cabbage and the last few broccoli and cauliflower flowerets.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment