Saturday, February 19, 2022

February 18, 2022 Lunch - PPI Lamb Shank, Couscous, and Tzatziki. Dinner - Grilled Ribeye steak and Steamed broccoli

February 18, 2022 Lunch - PPI Lamb Shank, Couscous, and Tzatziki. Dinner - Grilled Ribeye steak and Steamed broccoli


I ate the leftover lamb shank, couscous, and tzatziki for an early lunch at 10:45.




At 4:00 I ate two toasted whole wheat peanut butter and honey sandwiches and then walked 3/4 mile without pain. 


When I returned I picked three sprigs of thyme in the garden.


We started cooking at 6:30.  Suzette heated the grill and I cubed four large white mushrooms and a medium Shallot and stripped the leaves from the stems of the thyme.


While Suzette cooked the mushrooms, shallot, some garlic, and thyme and grilled the steak and steamed some broccoli, I went to the basement and fetched a 2010 Wellington Mohrhardt Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon.  It’s cork crumbled when Suzette tried to open it, so we decanted it into decanter.  It was still full of fruit and flavor.  I don’t know how many are left but I have loved this wine for the last ten years. This is still my favorite cab, although the vineyard is no longer in existence.





Suzette brought the charcoal grilled steak in and covered it with aluminum foil to keep it warm.


After we poured glasses of wine I sliced the steak and Suzette plated the broccoli.  We each selected slices of steak and each added 1/2 of the sautéed mushrooms.


We enjoyed this simple meal, although I had my usual 2:00 wake up as I digested the steak, which gave me a chance to catch up on Russia’s impending invasion of Ukraine and some of the gold medal competitors, such as the Swedish Men’s team winning Gold and Norwegian men winning gold and Bronze in biathlon.


Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment