Friday, February 25, 2022

February 25, 2022 Lunch - East Ocean Dinner - Beef, Lentil, and Barley Soup with Corn Bread

February 25, 2022 Lunch - East Ocean   Dinner - Beef, Lentil, and Barley Soup with Corn Bread

Rahim came by this morning and brought a donut, which I heated for my breakfast.



Rahim made us chais.  He has a specific recipe, he brews a cup of black tea and chai Marsala and the adds milk and then we heated the combination for 50 seconds to cook the milk a bit.


Rahim calls the cooked combination, twice cooked tea.


After Rahim left, Aaron called and invited me to lunch at East Ocean.


When I met Aaron at East Ocean we decided to order Clams with Szechuan Sauce and Deep Fried Tofu with Mixed Vegetable’s plus two fried egg rolls.




We loved lunch.  Both the dishes were delicious.  It was great to see Aaron and hear that the company is progressing.


After lunch I took the leftovers and drove to Smith’s to buy fresh asparagus on for sale for $.87/lb., plus bananas, and more green beans.


When I arrived home I ate a slice of French baguette with peanut butter and honey.


Then I checked my portfolio and found that it was another good day with a gain of 2.2%.  My portfolio regained the loss it suffered in the last two prior days. That is a greater volatility than seen since the March meltdown two years ago.


Suzette arrived around 5:30 and we decided to heat the beef, lentil, and barley soup and make corn bread.


Suzette fetched the ingredients and mixed the corn bread batter and pre-heated the oven to 425 degrees.


I fetched the corn bread forms from the basement.


Suzette wanted to use the form with 8 seashell shaped cavities so I oiled it.  Suzette filled seven of the cavities and baked the corn bread for 22 minutes.


The form was not fully seasoned or greased so the muffins stuck to the form and we could not remove them from the form, so we dug the muffins out as best we could.






Suzette served us bowls of soup and the butter and honey.


We buttered and spread the muffins with honey and ate them withe soup.


It was a simple but delicious dinner.  I fetched a bottle of Origon red wine from the basement and opened it and poured two glasses.


We found that one bowl of soup and 1 1/2 muffins completely satisfied our hunger.


We watched the war for a while and at. 7:30 Suzette went to bed.


I stayed up until midnight when it was morning in Ukraine when Zelenzky said, “We are still here,” while standing in the center of Kiev.


Bon Appetit.












No comments:

Post a Comment