Thursday, September 24, 2020

September 18, 2020 Lunch – Ham and cheese sandwiches. Dinner – Cedar plank Grilled Teriyaki Salmon with blanched and sautéed green beans with piñon nuts and tomato






 September 18, 2020 Lunch – Ham and cheese sandwiches. Dinner – Cedar plank Grilled Teriyaki Salmon with blanched and sautéed green beans with piñon nuts and tomato 

I woke at 4:30 and went back to bed and slept until 7:00. Watched the Tour and the market tumble agaIn today.  When the bike ride was over and the young a Danish rider won a second stage. 

 I dressed and drove to Costco and shopped for an hour and got a flu shot.   Bought lots of stuff, a case of Rivero Reserva Spanish tempranillo, a bottle of Malbec for Willy, Saran Wrap, windex, 3 lb. of lobster claws, pasta, olive oil, diced tomatoes, kalamata olives, Two French baguettes, sliced ham, lettuce, a bottle of Dewar’s scotch for Suzette, and hummus. 

I then drove home and quickly made and ate two open faced ham and cheese sandwiches, which I ate with dill pickles and kalamata olives.


Then I found out that my 12:00 appointment canceled so I relaxed and watched the Market.  All the tech stocks were down again, so near the end of the day I put an order in for 500 shares of Apple at 106.78 and it filled and then bounced back to close above 107.  We will see what happens on Monday.

After 2:00 I checked the results of the day and my portfolio was down another 1 ½%.  I hope Apple’s 5G phone is released soon and rejuvenates Apple’s stock price.

I dozed from 2:30 to 3:30.

At 4:00 Suzette arrived as I was taking the two boxes of Luke’s clothes to the post office to mail to him, so she helped me load the boxes and drove us to the post office.  When I got the boxes to the counter, they were weighed and I was told, “That will be $146.00.”

I immediately responded, “wow, I bet that is your big sale of the day.” 

The lady clerk’s response was silence. I guess they see their efforts as a service rather than a business.

We returned home and we signed to attend the screening of the new locally produced documentary covering the life and art work ofBeatrice Mandelman.  She moved to Taos with her husband, Louis Ribak, in 1944 and started theTaos Moderns  movement.

I then made chocolate chip cookies with raisins and toasted chopped pecans and Suzette took a shower and soaked the Cedar Plank.

Then at 6:20 we started dinner, which was easy.  Suzette placed the salmon  on the wet Cedar Plank and grilled the teriyaki salmon and started sautéing the green beans and piñon nuts and put the Couscous into the Pyrex loaf pan and covered the green beans with water in a skillet and blanched them.  Suzette soon removed the water and added pinon nuts and sautéed the green beans and pinions in butter.

I opened a new chilled bottle of sake and filled three glasses with wine and we ate a simple but lovely dinner.


We ate chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment