Wednesday, September 2, 2020

September 1, 2020 Lunch – East Ocean Fried Tofu with Mixed Vegetables in Netherwood Park. Dinner – Cold Dungeness Crab with Vichyssoise and Tomato, onion, and Cucumber Salad

 September 1, 2020 Lunch – East Ocean Fried Tofu with Mixed Vegetables in Netherwood Park. Dinner – Cold Dungeness Crab with Vichyssoise and Tomato, onion, and Cucumber Salad

I watched the Tour de France again today, a mountain finish with the favorite winning the stage.  The most exciting part of the race was the final lead out for Roglic by a young American rider named Kuss from Durango, Colombo took him 500 meters from the finish and looked liked he had enough power to have taken Roglic all the way to the finish line.

I toasted two slices of bagel, spread them with goat cheese lay a slice of onion and bits of Whitefish on them and ate them with a cup of green tea.


I then got dressed and ordered a Fried Tofu and Mixed Vegetables from East Ocean.  I stopped at the bank and then picked up the order and drove to Netherwood Park to meet Robert for lunch.  He brought chairs with small side tables that were perfect for sitting under a tree 10 feet apart to enjoy lunch.  I love the dish because it contains nine different vegetables and fresh fried tofu with rice.

After lunch I went home and had a meeting with a client at 2:00.

When I finally checked my portfolio at 3:00 it had increased 1 ½%, a phenomenal increase, mostly due to a $5.14 increase in Apple after its 3 for 1 split yesterday and strong increases of all the averages today.

At 4:00 I started making the crab sauce for dinner of cold Dungeness crab. I had bought two almost 2 lb. each crabs.  I made a modified sauce which combined a mignonette, a Louis sauce, a cocktail sauce, and a tartare sauce.  I first minced about 2 oz. of red onion and covered it with lemon juice.  I let that cook for about 20 minutes and then added mayo, horseradish, catsup, and sweet relish, plus a few drops of Tabasco.

Suzette came home with several lovely tomatoes, so we decided to make a tomato, cucumber, and red onion salad dressed with a balsamic and olive oil dressing.  I sliced the rest of the lovely Italian cucumber we bought on our trip.  The combination of the beautiful long yellow and pink tomatoes and the lovely cucumber with its ribbons of dark and light colored skin made a memorable salad.

We poured a bottle of chilled Gruet Blanc de Noir champagne and ate all the claws and half of one body and picked the rest of the crabs, so we have enough crab for crab cakes.

After dinner I ate a few bites of Clafoutis with a sip of brandy mixed a bit of German cherry liquor and a cup of tea.

Bon Appetit  





No comments:

Post a Comment