Wednesday, September 30, 2020

September 30, 2020 Lunch – PPI Chicken Noodle Soup. Dinner – Chicken Salad Salad


 September 30, 2020 Lunch – PPI Chicken Noodle Soup. Dinner – Chicken Salad Salad

I had a bad food day yesterday.  The ham and cheese omelet did go down well, so today I decided to clean up my food act.  I started with a bowl of granola with yogurt, milk, and blueberries at 10:30.

I researched a new case and drafted a complaint until 1:55.PPI hockey h Then I checked the Market close up.  Unfortunately, it was well off its high of the day, so instead of 1.2%, my portfolio gained only .6%.  But a plus is a plus. The run up today was due to the expectation of a deal on a stimulus package that evaporated in the afternoon. But Pelosi and Mnuchin are still talking about a package. Perhaps that is why the market futures are up tonight.  I usually check the futures before I go to bed, so I know whether to wake up early to decide if I needed to take action.

At 2:00 I heated the PPI chicken noodle soup.  I freshened it by adding about 4 oz.of medium firm tofu and a handful of fresh spinach leaves. 


I opened a new bottle of hoisin sauce to flavor it with a bit of sweetness.

After lunch I worked until 4:00 when I took a nap until 5:15 when Suzette arrived.  We decided to make a light dinner of chicken salad salad.  I fetched a head of Romaine lettuce. 

I de-stemmed the lettuce leaves and cubed a tomato and sliced 1/3 of a  cucumber.  I drizzled the salads with Spanish olive oil. 


We drank the last of the bottle of La Granja Viura/Verdejo blend bought at Trader Joe’s for $5.99.

After dinner we each ate a couple of chocolate chip cookies I made during the debate because I could not sit and watch. So something good came of the debate.  I added Mexican powdered chocolate and liquid vanilla, plus raisins and chopped toasted pecans.

I drank a sip of brandy flavored with maraschino cherry liquid and acup of Earl Grey tea with the cookies.


After Trevor Noah’s show ended we went to bed.


We peeled and sugared three peaches and ½ cup of blueberries that we will use tomorrow night with our dinner of PPI teriyaki salmon.


I feel much better tonight.


I will start reading my book selection for the book club this month, Educated by Tara Westover.


Bon Appetit    


No comments:

Post a Comment