Monday, September 14, 2020

September 14, 2020 Lunch – Pork and Beans on tortillas with Tomatillo sauce and cheese. Dinner – Chicken Salad Salad and Bananas Foster

 September 14, 2020 Lunch – Pork and Beans on tortillas with Tomatillo sauce and cheese. Dinner – Chicken Salad Salad and Bananas Foster

I awakened at 4:30 and watched the remarked and Morning Joe, which is my favorite news program until 5:30 and went back to bed and slept until 7:30.

I watched the Market for a while and then ate a bowl of granola, yogurt, blueberries, and milk at my desk until 9:15 when I went for a 2/3 mile walk.

I then showered and printed the form of power of attorney for Luke’s closing.  At 11:00 I drove to the bank to get my signature notarized and the sent the power of attorney to the attorney closing the transaction by express mail.

I then drove to the dentist’s office and had my chipped tooth repaired.

I then drove to Sprouts and bought a 2 lb. bag of sea scallops, a 2 ½ lb. Atlantic salmon, a small Aji tuna steak, shallots, milk, a red and green bell pepper, some chocolate covered cashews, parley, cilantro, a large avocado, and a head of Romaine lettuce.

When I returned home at 2:25 I was hungry and sore, so I made the quickest lunch I could think of.  I lay halved tortillas in the bottom of a pasta bowl amend ladled Mexican Pork and Beans on the tortillas and poured a generous amount of Tomatillo sauce of the pork and beans and then sprinkled grated cheese on top and covered the bowl with Saran and sensor re-heated the food in the microwave. It was filling and delicious.

I checked my portfolio and was pleased to see that it bounced back 2% today.  I then lay down and read and rested until 5:00 when Suzette arrived.

We decided to use the Romaine lettuce and add a cubed cucumber, ½ of the large avocado, and several tomatoes from our garden with the PPI Chicken Salad to make a salad for dinner, to use up the chicken salad.  Suzette finished the 2009 Pennywise Pinot Noir and I drank the rest of the Sagnol Rose from Cotes de Provence (Trader Joe’s $7.99).


We had a cocktail and then made our salad and watched the news until 6:30 when game five of the Western Finals between Dallas and Las Vegas began.  We switched between hockey and the Antiques Roadshow until 8:00 when the 3rd period began.  Soon Las Vegas scored a second goal to lead 2 to 0, but Dallas started skating better and faster and scored 2 goals to tie.  The game went int overtime and Dallas scored to win the Western title and advance to the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time in 20 years.

We decided to make bananas foster to celebrate.  Suzette sautéed bananas in brown sugar and butter and when cooked added rum amend flambeed the mixture.  Here is a video.



Suzette went to bed and I stayed up to blog.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment