Tuesday, September 29, 2020

September 29, 2020 Breakfast – Ham, onion, asparagus, mushroom, and cheese Omelet. Lunch – salmon and Scallop Sashimi. Dinner – Baked Acorn Squash Stuffed with a Sausage, onion, mushrooms and bread crumbs topped with a mornay sauce

 September 29, 2020 Breakfast – Ham, onion, asparagus, mushroom, and cheese Omelet.  Lunch – salmon and Scallop Sashimi.  Dinner – Baked Acorn Squash Stuffed with a Sausage, onion, mushrooms and bread crumbs topped with a mornay sauce

I read The Lincoln Lawyer from 2:30 to 4:15 and then slept until 7:30.  I started working at 8:00.  The most significant thing I did was pay my federal and state income taxes, which took much of the day and lots more money than President Trump paid in income taxes.

At 9:00 I made a Ham, onion, asparagus, mushroom, and cheese Omelet with a piece of toasted and buttered French baguette spread with raspberry jam and a cup of Earl Grey tea. 

I used  manchego cheese



  
  Perhaps the most historic event of the day was that I facilitated Peter Eller joining our book club.  I think 
he will be a great member.

 After the market closed I made a lunch of salmon and Scallop Sashimi and made the PPI rice into sushi  rice by the addition of rice vinegar and aji Mirin. I also peeled and sliced ¼ cucumber. 

 The Dow and NASDAQ were down today, but my portfolio was up slightly. It is hard on days like this when the market is less volatile to see which way the market is going next.

  I am still waiting for Apple’s introduction of its new 5G phone to cash out some of my Apple stocks do I may need to wait one year to achieve long term capital gains.

 After lunch I completed my taxes and then drove to the bank and then the Post Office to mail my tax payments.

 Shortly after I returned home Suzette arrived, but I worked untIl 6:30, so Suzette started dinner prep-without me.  She chopped onion and garlic and sautéed it with sausage and bread crumbs.  

Then in a separate sauce pan she made a roux and added milk to makes cream sauce and then added 

Jarlsberg cheese to make a mornay sauce.  She cut in half and de-seeded and then stuffed the already  baked acorn squash with the stuffing and then drizzled mornay sauce over the stuffed squashes.  She the   baked the squashes in a Pyrex baking dish in a 350 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes until the squash were well heated.

 I went to the garage and fetched a bottle of 2018 St. Sagnol French Rose from Coteaux Varois en Provence, a French Provence Rose..  We love rose with pork dishes such as this dinner.  I bought 6 bottles at Trader Joe’s not long ago for $7.99/bottle. 



We each ate ½ squash and saved the other half for another meal.

  



 After dinner I became enraged by President Trump’s lack of civility and decorum, so I went to the kitchen   and made a batch of chocolate chocolate chip cookies with raisins and chopped toasted pecans.

Suzette went to bed at 9:00 after eating a couple of cookies.  I stayed up to read and blog and drank tea.

Cousin Marty called before and after the debate.  He must be excited by the increased political activity.

I was enraged because as a lawyer I felt no judge would allow what happened tonight to occur in their courtroom.

Bon Appetit 







No comments:

Post a Comment