Saturday, September 26, 2020

September 25, 2020 Lunch – PPI Bun Cha Gio, No. 21 from 2000 Vietnam. Dinner – Cedar Board Grilled Teriyaki Salmon with Rice and Catalan Spinach

 September 25, 2020 Lunch – PPI Bun Cha Gio,  No. 21 from 2000 Vietnam. Dinner – Cedar Board Grilled Teriyaki Salmon with Rice and Catalan Spinach

Today was dominated by the market.  All the big tech stocks rose handily and so did the Dow.  My portfolio rose 2% today.  The market has been volatile, but hopefully will continue back toward its recent highs. 

I had an appointment and worked until 11:15 when I heated the leftover portion of the No. 21 from 2000 Vietnam and added cilantro and basil.  Here is a picture.

 


 
After lunch I walked 1/3 mile and then watched the Market close.  

I also made teriyaki sauce and marinated most of the Atlantic salmon filet I bought yesterday at Sprouts for $5.99/lb.

Then I lay down and read and rested until 4:30 when Suzette returned home.

We decided to make rice and Catalan Spinach.  Catalan Spinach and Teriyaki Grilled Salmon is one of Willy’s favorite dinners, so the menu was an easy decision.

At 5:30 Suzette cut two cedar planks to hold the salmon and soaked them in water. Then I destemmed a colander full of spinach.   

At 6:00 I made rice by boiling 2 cups of water seasoned with pulse seaweed and dehydrated dashi. When the water boiled I added 1 cup of long grain rice and turned the heat down to its lowest setting and simmered the rice for thirty minute   

Suzette Grilled the salmon fillets on the cedar planks on the propane grill for about twenty minutes.  The planks may not have been adequately soaked in water because the salmon was charred more than usual. 

    Amazingly, the inside of the salmon was still reddish pink the way I like it. Here is a picture.   

  

 
The deliciously charred salmoncharred 
 
 
                                                 


 Catalan  Spinach


I diced a Granny Smith Apple and minced about 3 oz. of red onion.


Suzette sautéed the apple, onion and a handful of piñon nuts in butter in a large skillet and when they were soft added the spinach and tossed all the ingredients until the spinach wilted.


Suzette plated plates with a pile of rice, then a pile of Catalan Spinach and finally a piece of teriyaki salmon.


Suzette and Willy drank beer and I drank cold sake with dinner under the gazebo in the garden and marveled at the brightness of the half full moon.


At 7:45 Willy left to meet a friend and we went inside to watch news and each sipped a limoncello..


At 8:00 I ate a chocolate lay down and after watching Washington Week blogged and read More of Lincoln Lawyer.


Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment