Tuesday, September 15, 2020

September 15, 2020 Lunch – Sashimi Dinner – Steamed Salmon with Cream Sauce and steamed asparagus and Tomato Couscous

 September 15, 2020 Lunch – Sashimi   Dinner – Steamed Salmon with Cream Sauce and steamed asparagus and Tomato Couscous

Today’s meals included salmon three ways plus tuna and scallops.

For breakfast I toasted a bagel and spread it with goat cheese and garnished with slices of red onion and Gravad Lax.

Then at 1:00 for lunch I sliced pieces of fresh salmon, Aji tuna, and three scallops dipped in soy sauce and wasabi sauce and pickled ginger.

As i finished Lunch at 2:00 the market closed and when I checked my portfolio had increased almost 1%. Another good day in the market.

I worked for an hour and the lay down and napped until 5:00 when Suzette arrived.

I had bought a 2 ½ lb. salmon filet, a tuna steak, and three scallops on Monday.  Today I cut off the salmon tail and cut off a 1/3 lb. piece of aji tuna and sliced the three scallops I bought for Sashimi for lunch. 

Then at dinner we cut the remaining salmon filet in half.  I prepared teriyaki sauce by heating 1/3 cup each of soy sauce, Aji Mirin, and saki plus 1 T. of sugar.  I put one of the filet salmon fillets in a gallon freezer bag and added the teriyaki sauce after it had cooled for a few minutes. 

We decided to steam the other salmon filet half in the steamer oven and make a cream sauce with garlic for it.  Suzette garnished the salmon filet with lemon slices, lemon juice, butter pads, thyme sprigs and cooked the filet for 21 minutes in the steamer oven.  Actually the fish was a little over cooked but still delicious.

Suzette made a cream sauce by making a roux with flour and butter and pressed two cloves of garlic in and then added the stock from the salmon steaming and then a bit of of milk to get the sauce to the right consistency.

Suzette also steamed a handful of asparagus and heated a Pyrex loaf pan of the PPI Tomato Couscous from last night.

I fetched a bottle of 2019 Kona New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc that was wonderful.  It had a light grapefruit flavor.  I bought it at a Trader Joe’s.

We ate outside in the lovely evening calm after sunset.


It was a lovely day of fish.


Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment