Tuesday, September 22, 2020

September 22, 2020 Lunch – Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup. Dinner – Bistro Chicken Pot Pie with steamed Green Beans

 September 22, 2020 Lunch – Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup. Dinner – Bistro Chicken Pot Pie with steamed Green Beans

Today began the recovery of high tech in the Market and brought three new cases my way.  I have been preparing deeds for mortgage lenders for several years. During that period I have never received any calls for legal assistance and today I received a call out of e blue and another person came to my door requesting advice and representation for a deed I prepared.

Then in the afternoon a client of Shahin called with a request for assistance.  I am thrilled to be busy again.

I ate yogurt, blueberries, granola and milk for breakfast.

Then at 1:00 I made chicken noodle soup with 1/3 of a breast of chicken diced, 1 tsp. of Knorr dehydrated chicken stock, a Pho seasoning cube, a T. each of white and red miso, 2 oz. of chopped onion, a handful of green beans diced, some Chard, some basil chopped, and 5 or 6 chives sliced in thin ringlets.  I added four types of Oriental noodles: bean thread, rice sheets, wheat, and soba buckwheat noodles in 1.75 quarts of water.  I added hoisin sauce to flavor the soup when I was eating it.  I also have more than 1 quart left because I add water as I eat the soup and the noodles expand by absorbing the added water.

The soup was still simmering at 2:00 when the market closed and I was amazed to find out that my portfolio increased 1 ½ % today. For example, I bought five more shares of Amazon on Friday because I thought it had been beaten down, bringing my total ownership to 30 shares and today it closed up $152.69 per share.  Tech shares are still far below the high set in August but moving up quickly.  If there is a covid relief package adopted by Congress or a vaccine the market should respond positively.

I went to the bank in the afternoon and then rested a bit after 4:00.  When Suzette came home a bit before 5:00 she lay down and we napped until 6:30.

We still had ½ of the Chicken Pot Pie Suzette brought from the Bistro a few days ago, so the entrée for dinner was decided. Suzette suggested we steam the rest of the green beans because there were beginning to go bad.  So that was the dinner menu.

We drank a white Bordeaux with the meal.

After dinner we watched some TV, most particularly the life histories of Biden and Trump as presented by Frontline on PBS while we drank limoncello and ate cookies for dessert.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment