Saturday, September 26, 2020

 September 26, 2020 Lunch – Eggplant Parmigiana. Dinner – Chicken Salad Salad with Toast points

Today I was deeply immersed in college football and Stanley cup hockey.

I started with a bowl of granola, milk, yogurt, and blueberries at 8:30.  

Suzette planned a day of gardening, which meant two projects, shearing the privet hedge and covering the pond.  We were able to trim the hedge with Suzette’s gas powered trimmer.  Again we were unable to start the mini tiller. But we trim the excess cosmos around the pond and set the supports.  Then around 11:00 we finished and Suzette heated the takeout plate of Eggplant Parmigiana she brought from the bistro. We opened a bottle and poured glasses of Chianti t drink with lunch.

Then I started watching football and soccer and Suzette went to HD to buy ½ inch PVC pipe connectors for the pond cover.  I watched Kansas State beat Oklahoma, I watched IOWA State beat TCU, I watched Mississippi State beat LSU and finally I watched Texas beat Texas Tech 62 to 56 overtime.

We then made Chicken salad.  I chopped chicken breasts, celery stalks, ½ onion, chives, tarragon, and two hard boiled eggs.  Suzette the made a dressing of mayo, white wine tarragon vinegar, sour cream, and olive oil. 

I then tore Romaine lettuce and Suzette sliced tomatoes and an avocado to garnish the salad. Suzette toasted four slices of French baguette.

We filled wine glasses with white wine (mine was Flaverio and Suzette drank La Granja Verdejo and Viura bland.   We took our plates and glasses out to the garden to eat in the warm 80 degree evening weather.

Later we watched Stanley Cup Finals and sipped cognac and ate Guidan Belgium chocolates.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment