Monday, September 28, 2020

September 28, 2020 Lunch – Chicken Noodle Soup Dinner – Sautéed Lamb Chops with Ratatouille another 1 ½% and I am approaching a point where my portfolio is above where I sold shares coming down from its high a few weeks ago.

 September  28, 2020 Lunch – Chicken Noodle Soup Dinner – Sautéed Lamb Chops with Ratatouille another 1 ½% and I am approaching a point where my portfolio is above where I sold shares coming down from its high a few weeks ago.

I mentioned grilling lamb chops and serving them with Ratatouille to Suzette and she supported it, so after lunch I thawed 10 lamb chops.

What I try to do is to sell high and buy back more shares at a lower price if I see the market in a definite down trend. So if the stock prices rise above the prices I bought back at, my portfolio should rise higher.  Three or four of the stocks have already risen above thei repurchase price and I am less than 5% away from the old high and half of the drop in my portfolio has been recovered. The problem is that I bought back in before the market bottomed and it has not fully recovered to the point I sold at for all stocks, especially Apple,

I ate a bowl of granola, milk, yogurt, and blueberries at around 9:00.

Then at 12:15 I heated the PPI chicken soup and added a bundle of egg white noodles, more water, a heaping T. of white miso, about 1/3 lb. more chicken meat from two wings, and a handful of spinach.  I then whisked an egg mixed with a T. each of soy sauce and Chinese rice wine and then mixed it into the soup with a tsp. of sesame oil. So this was something quite different from a can of Campbell’s chicken noodle soup.  Here is a picture.

    

After lunch I learned that there is a new procedure for evicting a squatter from a property in the metro court.  I obtained the forms and prepared the 3 day notice and sent it to my client for posting.  I love learning new legal procedures.

At 4:00 I drove to the bank and deposited a rent check and then drove to Sprouts where I bought yogurt, eggs, milk, a cucumber, and tofu.

When I returned home at around 5:00 Suzette had arrived but recalled she needed to water Willy’s plants, so left and did that.

Then at 6:00 I separated the chops. I bagged three chops in one sandwich bag and four in another sandwich bag.  The other three chops were left out for dinner.

Suzette had brought home a gallon freezer bag of roasted fresh Limitar red and green chili.  We separated it into five sandwich bags of chili.  Beautiful.


At 6:30 Suzette said, “Let’s cook dinner.”

Dinner included grilling three chops and  heating the PPI Ratatouille on the stove and some PPI spaghetti in the microwave.  A minimum of effort because we had created PPIs

I knew it would be a great dinner, so I opened a 2011 Castillo Clavillo Gran Reserva Tempranillo from Rioja. This was a wine I recently bought at Total Wine for $19.00.  I had bought it before and really like it. It is so smooth you forget you are drinking wine and the longer it was open the better it tasted.  It is a special wine and it made a rather simple meal wonderful.  The grill ran out of propane so Suzette finished cooking the salted and peppered chops in a cast iron skillet on the stove to rare, which I like for lamb. Gran Reserva is aged in oak and in the bottle for a minimum of 4 ½ years.  It is Spain’s highest designation and although it does not say anything about the quality of the grapes, usually the best grapes are used to Gran Reserva.



Suzette plated in a pasta bowl.  I lay a handful of spaghetti in one bowl and when the chops were cooked, Suzette ladled Ratatouille on top of my spaghetti and then lay a chop on top of that and finally a T. of her homemade mint jelly.  Here is a picture.





   Dinner was superbly satisfying and we sipped the last of the wine as we watched the Antiques Roadshow. 

I ate some chocolate and sipped an ounce of Calvados, which I often do after an especially good meal.

We went to bed at 9:30. I to blog and Suzette to sleep.

 Let’s hope the stock market rebounds this week 

Bon Appetit







No comments:

Post a Comment