Wednesday, September 2, 2020

 😁September 2, 2020 Lunch – Shrimp and Sausage Noodle Soup. Dinner – Cedar Plank Grilled Teriyaki Salmon with rice and Catalan Spinach

I woke up around 7:30.  I watched the Market open and Stage 5 of the Tour de France while I ate a bowl of Tropical fruit salad with yogurt and granola and a dash of milk.

Then I drove to a doctor’s appointment and afterwards I drove t Albertsons. I bought 2 ½ gallons of ice cream, a container of yogurt, bananas, a gallon of milk, and 6 ears of corn.

I was granted a 10% senior discount because it was the first Wednesday of the month.

I then drove to Sprouts and bought a swordfish steak, a Aji tuna steak, and a red bell pepper.

After I returned home and put up the groceries I re-heated the Shrimp Noodle Soup after adding about 1/3 lb. of Jimmie Dean Sausage plus two leaves of diced Napa cabbage.

I watched the Market close and checked my portfolio.  The Dow was up an astonishing 462 points and the NASDAQ was up.  My portfolio actually lost about $1000 mostly due to a drop of $2.67 in Apple, but is still at its highest level ever.

I watched the finish of the Tour again to try to understand what happened exactly.

At 4:00 Suzette arrived and soaked in the hot tub and I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies.

Then at 6:30 I attended the Neighborhood annual meeting.  Then when Willy arrived, I started preparing dinner.  We had a container of PPI rice and the teriyaki marinated salmon, so all we needed to prepare was the Catalan Spinach. I de-stemmed a colander of spinach leaves, diced an apple, and diced 3 oz. of onion.  Then I heated 2 T. of olive oil and sautéed the onion and apple.  After a couple of minutes I added ¼ cup of piñon nuts and ¼ cup of raisins and sautéed all the vegetables until the piñon nuts began to brown.  I had to wait until the salmon was done and then added the spinach and covered it to sweat it. After a minute, I flipped the spinach to cook it.  

We then served.  Suzette cut the salmon into sections and lay them on the heated rice and I added 1/3 of the Catalan Spinach to each plate.

Willy wanted to drink a red wine so I opened the bottle of 2015 Faustino Rivero Rioja Reserva (Costco $7.99).  We all liked the wine both un-iced and chilled with ice. This is the best Reserva Rioja for the money I have found in a long time.

We ate on the patio.  Willy told us about his hike today up from the trailhead at the end of Copper and his plans to hike Wheeler Peak and Jaramillo Peak in the next few weeks. He has really gotten into hiking New Mexico peaks and will start on Colorado peaks son I suspect.

After dinner Suzette packed a bag of chocolate chip cookies for Willy when he left.  Then Suzette went to bed and I stayed up to blog until 11:00 with a cup of tea and a chocolate chip cookie.  

The Tour starts at 4:00, so I need to get to bed.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment