Thursday, September 3, 2020

September 3, 2020 Lunch – Reconstituted PPI Shrimp and Pork Noodle Soup Dinner – Maryland Dinner of Crab cakes, corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes and Cucumbers and Blueberry Cobbler with Vanilla ice cream

September 3, 2020 Lunch – Reconstituted PPI Shrimp and Pork Noodle Soup   Dinner – Maryland Dinner of Crab cakes, corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes and Cucumbers and Blueberry Cobbler with Vanilla ice cream

This was a near perfect day.  It started at 5:30 when I awakened and watched the Tour de France stage 6 and the business news and ate breakfast of tropical fruit salad, yogurt, and granola.

I saw a big drop coming but was consoled that I had put my stops in place.  I was a little worried when I saw the pre-open price for Apple slip below my limit sell price, but it was filled the second the market. 

 opened at my limit price.  I lost 2 1/2% today instead of 5% so I guess I should be happy. Perhaps better still is I am out of the market and the futures for tomorrow are down again.

I was inspired by a brilliant ride by the champion of Kazakhstan. Lukeshenko, so after the bike race ended around 10:15 I rode 10 miles to Rio Bravo and back with the aid of two sugar pills.

When I came home I rested and worked a bit and then at 1:00 I made lunch.  There was some Shrimp and Sausage Noodle Soup left.  I added crab broth, a whisked egg, a bundle of fresh egg white noodles, a handful of fresh spinach leaves, a heaping T. of white miso, 4 oz. of soft tofu, and two mushrooms sliced.  The result was delicious and there was a bowl left that I put in the fridge for another meal.


1I dozedhd from 3:00 until 4:00 and worked until 5:00 when I meditated for 30minutes with my group of four persons.

Suzette came home at 4:30 and met with an insurance agent while I meditated. 

At 6:00 we started dinner, I fetched three ears of fresh corn I had bought at Albertsons yesterday and shucked them.  Suzette made crab cakes from a Maryland recipe that combined bread crumbs with the crab meat and a béchamel sauce made with a flour and butter roux to which heated crab broth and the half and half were added and mixed to bind the ingredients . Then the cakes were dusted with flour and sautéed in canola oil and butter.

While Suzette was preparing the crab cakes, I sliced three red and two yellow tomatoes and a lemon Cucumber and a yellow cucumber Suzette had brought home from her garden at the Center for Ageless Living.  

We  boiled the ears of corn to cook them, then we plated the ears of corn and two crab cakes each and served ourselves slices of tomato and cucumber. We garnished the crab cakes with the PPI four in one tartare/Cocktail/Louis/mignonette sauce I made two days ago.




I went to the garage and fetched the bottle of 2019 Mohua New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc (Costco $11.49 for a 90 point wine) and poured each of us a glass.

After dinner I asked Suzette to make a blueberry cobbler.  When it as ready we ate bowls of it with vanilla ice cream.



Suzette said, “This is a perfect Maryland end of summer meal except we are missing the beach.”

I loved it. 

Bon Appetit         



  


No comments:

Post a Comment