Monday, August 31, 2020

 August 31, 2020 Lunch – Shrimp Noodle Soup.  Dinner – Sashimi and Rice

I watched some of Stage 3 of the Tour de France because it was such a long Stage and switched to the business channel and checked my mail until 10:30 when it ended in a dramatic sprint finish won by Caleb McEwan

At 9:30 I ate a bowl of tropical fruit salad with granola and yogurt.

Then at 10:30 I rode five miles on my bike south.  When I returned I showered and dressed and then heated the PPI Shrimp Noodle Soup.  After the first bowl, I added the PPI shrimp scampi with all of its wonderful asparagus and Chard.

The second bowl was even better.

It was nearly 2:00 so I watched the Market close.  The DOW was down but today was the day Apple split 4 to 1 and it was bid up, resulting in a 1% gain for my portfolio. This has been the best August gain since 1986 according to the commentators.  I believe it.

I then drove to the bank and then to Costco to do some shopping.  We needed butter, eggs, Jarlsberg cheese, Pecorino-Romano cheese.  I also bought spinach, two Dungeness crabs, a salmon fillet, and three Aji tuna fillets, a bottle of Mohua New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and a bottle of Spanish Tempranillo Reserva rated 93 points by David Suckling for under $10.00.

When I returned home at 4:30 Suzette had arrived.  I unloaded and rested for a few minutes.  Then I made teriyaki sauce (1/3 cup each of soy sauce, sake, and Aji Mirin plus 1 T. of sugar heated to put the sugar into solution) and cut the salmon fillet to the size of a gallon freezer bag.  I thawed two sea scallops and we placed the package of crabs in the sink to thaw. 

I then placed the salmon fillet in the bag and Suzette poured the teriyaki sauce into bag and sealed the bag and placed it in the fridge to marinate.  I the wrapped two of the three tuna steaks and two extra salmon steaks and put them in the freezer.  

I then made Sashimi. I sliced the tuna steak and tail section of the salmon fillet, and the two scallops.  I sliced rounds of cucumber from the Italian cucumber we bought on our trip and heated a pitcher of sake and made a cup of green tea. I put pickled ginger into a bowl and filled dipping bowls with soy sauce and prepared wasabi sauce and filled bowls with rice.




 I heated a pitcher of sake in a pot of hot water and poured tear cups of warm sake.

Suzette had not eaten lunch so she ate the container of chicken salad with a bowl of potato chips.  Therefore she did not eat much of the Sashimi.  I managed to eat most of it.  I bought the tuna and salmon because I was really in the mood for Sashimi.  I bought the crabs because we had discussed eating a meal of crab and champagne for her birthday, but we decided to not take crab on our camping trip.

After dinner I drank a cup of green tea with a piece of toasted banana nut bread Suzette’s sister Jean sent her for her birthday.

We will eat teriyaki salmon and crab for the next couple of days.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment