Friday, July 8, 2022

July 7, 2022 Lunch - Costco Hotdog and ice cream sundaes with Mike. Dinner - Cold Dungeness Crab Salad.

July 7, 2022  Lunch - Costco Hotdog and ice cream sundaes with Mike. Dinner - Cold Dungeness Crab Salad.


Today started out slowly and ended well food wise.


I watched the news from 4:15 to 6:00 a.m. in order the see Boris Johnson resign, which was not all clear when or if he intended to leave No. 10 Downing St. and then slept until 8:00.


I missed the finish of Stage 6 of the TDF as I showered and dressed.


Mike arrived at 12:30 for trip to Costco.  Mike is not a member, so we used my card to enter.  We shopped for a while.  Mike bought chicken thighs, a Kirtland brand Cabernet Sauvignon flavored cheese, laundry and dishwashing soap, and two pats of pants.


I followed suit and bought a pair of pants, a tray of cleaned Dungeness crab halves, lamb chops, seaweed salad, eggs, a wedge of Manchego and Jarlsberg cheese, a three container package of Bousin cheese spread, prepared lamb shanks, and baguettes.


We then ate hotdogs and each ate a soft ice cream sundae, strawberry compote for Mike and Chocolate for me.  I felt better after I had eaten lunch.


We returned home and I gave Mike 4 lamb chops. Mike helped me take the case of wine from Calstar to the basement.


After Mike left I drove to the bank to deposit a check and then lay down and watched Ari until 5:00 when I meditated until 5:30.  Suzette came home around 4:30 and watched her home remodeling shows until 6:00 when she lay down and napped until 8:00 when I awakened her to fix dinner and watch Midsomer Mystery.


Suzette put the 1 1/2 lb. of crab claws on a platter and cleaned the remaining lettuce and filled small salad bowls with salad.  I made my crab dressing with 1/2 shallot minced soaked in fresh juice of 1/2 lemon for a few minutes.  Then I added 2/3 cup of mayonnaise, a generous squirt of catsup, and 1/2 T. of prepared horseradish.


I also sliced two tomatoes into Wedges and Suzette steamed the last of the asparagus.




We cracked and picked the crab and kept most for soup and/or a soufflé.


We drank the last of the French Sauvignon Blanc I bought for $7.99 at Trader Joe’s.


I finished eating and joined Suzette as we watched Midsomer Mystery until 9:30 when Suzette went to bed and I blogged until midnight.


Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment