Wednesday, July 20, 2022

July 20, 2022 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam Restaurant. Dinner - PPI Pork and Beans for Suzette and BBQ Shrimp and Rice for Bob

July 20, 2022 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam Restaurant. Dinner - PPI Pork and Beans for Suzette and BBQ Shrimp and Rice for Bob

Finally a fun day of food. I ate my usual breakfast of granola with milk and yogurt and diced apple.


Then I helped Suzette cur low ganging limbs from the golden rain tree.


When I returned to the house and turned on the TDF there were four riders  1/2 niles  from the finish on the last of three big climbs, The two race leaders and a domestic for each.  About 400 meters from the line in a brutal uphill finish the two leaders, battled it out for the win. Pogacar won with no time gap and only gained 4 seconds for the time bonus between him and Vingegaard, which meant Vingegaard still was 2 minutes and 18 seconds ahead.


Sort of a win and a defeat for Pogacar and a defeat and a win for Vingegaard.


I worked until 12:15 when Suzette brought take out from 2000 Vietnam.  Willy joined us.  Willy and I ate a No. 30, vegetables steamed noodles topped with fried egg rolls and grilled marinated pork. The grilled pork was especially tasty today.  Suzette ordered a pile of sautéed mung bean sprouts covered by a thin layer of cooked rice flour sheets and garnished with fried egg rolls and marinated grilled pork, the same as the topping for No. 30.



The interesting aspect of Vietnamese cooking for me is you can have the same meat choice in one of many noodle or rice choices and either hot or cool.


After lunch I worked until 4:00 when II decided to lie down in the bedroom, which is the coolest room in the house.


I watched the news until 6:30 when I went to the kitchen and heated the remaining PPI Cajun BBQ shrimp.  Suzette was heating the PPI Pork and Beans for her dinner.  I fetched a Negra Modelo.



I am not sure what Suzette drank.  She was concerned about a health issue her Mom was having and spent much of the evening talking to siblings and her Mom’s health care professionals. I suspect that at age 96 almost anything that goes wrong could be a health risk. Marta, who is also 96, recently had to go into the hospital.


At 8:00 when Suzette reached a stopping point in her conversations, we unloaded the four umbrella stands and opened and set up the three umbrellas we just bought on the back patio to shade the newly planted creeping thyme.  The umbrellas have an array of solar powered lights that looks very neat.


I then retired to the bedroom to cool down and blog and read.


The four boxes of shakes arrived today, so Friday Carlos will start restoring the roof of the house and garage to their original glory.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment