Monday, July 18, 2022

July 18, 2022 Brunch - Egg, sausage, Potato, onion and Wild Mushroom Burritos. Dinner - Cajun BBQ’d Shrimp with Rice

July 18, 2022 Brunch - Egg, sausage, Potato, onion and Wild Mushroom Burritos. Dinner - Cajun BBQ’d Shrimp with Rice


Another odd food day. It was a rest day for the Tour, so I started working at 7:00 then at 9:30 showered and dressed.


Suzette worked at home and spent the morning planting the red wooly thyme we bought on Saturday in the crevices between the concrete pavers on the back porch.


At 9:45 I started cooking breakfast.  Suzette wanted a sausage burrito.  I diced a 1 inch slice of Jimmie Dean sausage, 1/8 of an onion, and two slices of PPI grilled potato and added the PPI sautéed wild mushrooms and Shishito peppers left from our steak dinner.


I sautéed all the ingredients and when they started to brown I poured four eggs plus 1/2 T. of water and salt and white pepper I had whisked over the ingredients.  I let the egg settle and set a bit and then began to flip sections of the egg combined with the ingredients into a scrambled mass.


I called Suzette and when she looked for a drink she discovered we were out of Clamato juice, so she filled two glasses with water. I toasted two flour tortillas and handed Suzette one that she filled with egg mixture.  There was a lot of mixture left so I poured the rest onto my tortilla to make a sort of flour tostada because the mixture covered the tortilla.




We added dashes of Cholula hot sauce and enjoyed our burrito and tostada. The quantity filled me up completely and I returned to the brief and worked on it until 3;00 when I made a gin and tonic to rehydrate and try to cool down from the 99 degree temperature.  I worked until 5:00 when Suzette made a pitcher of mojitos.


We watched the news until about 6:00 when Suzette decided to make BBQ shrimp for dinner.  Suzette uses the Paul Prudhomme recipe fro his Louisiana Kitchen Cookbook.  


We had PPI rice, so the dish went very quickly because Suzette has made it many times.  By 7:00 we were eating BBQ shrimp over rice and watching the Antiques Roadshow with glasses of mojito.


Suzette went to bed at 8:00 and I stayed up until 11:30 so I could view the Rachel Maddow show and a few minutes of Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell.


I then blogged this blog.


I must have caught up on my sleep on the weekend because I am still feeling good.


My hips are feeling less painful and I am beginning to gain enough strength or experiencing enough less pain to be able to push up using my hips out of a chair.


The leather is ordered and the new chairs will soon be in production and Suzette took the cow hide she bought to an upholsterer to reupholster our other ottoman.


We will soon have a new all leather look in the TV room.


We also ordered four bundles of cedar shakes for Carlos to fill in the missing ones on the roof and then spray pentafin on the roof to preserve it.


I did not miss lunch for a reason I did not know.


Bon Appetit 



No comments:

Post a Comment