Sunday, July 17, 2022

July 17, 2022 Lunch - Steak Salad. Dinner - Charcuterie

July 17, 2022 Lunch - Steak Salad. Dinner - Charcuterie 


The food theme during these dog days of Summer is usually light and healthy and today was no exception.


I ate a bowl of granola with milk and yogurt and diced apple for breakfast while I watched the news shows and Stage  of the Tour De France, which ended with a sprint finish that was won by a couple of inches by a Belgium rider named Phillipsen.


Then at 10:15 I ate a fig bar and drank a glass of water and walked 1/3 mile with a sugar pill and no pain or weakness.  I good start for the day.


When I returned I worked in the brief until Suzette arrived at 12:30.


Suzette ate a bowl of a pork and bean stew for lunch and I made a salad with a slice of grilled steak diced, a slice of grilled potato diced, a hard boiled egg dice, a tomato diced, several slices of onion diced and five leaves of romaine lettuce cut into bite-sized pieces.  I dressed the salad with my all purpose Caesar dressing.



After lunch we napped to avoid the afternoon heat, although it only reached 98 degrees today, so it was a bit more bearable.


We were not hungry for dinner until around 8:00 and did not want to cook so Suzette made a charcuterie and cheese board with the last of our duck mousse pate’, a wedge of brie, Boursin, and goat cheese, and salami and cured ham.


I sliced and toasted 10 slices of French baguette and Suzette poured out the rest of the two open bottles of red wine, a Beau Rivage from Bordeaux and a Kirkland Rioja.


We watched Hotel Portofino, Grandchester, and Cobra on PBS from 7:00 until 10:00 and then went to bed.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment