Tuesday, July 26, 2022

July 26, 2022 Lunch - Pork and Beans. Dinner - Fusilli Pasta in a Chicken, Broccoli, onion, and Mushroom Cream and wine Sauce 


Another day of leftovers.


I ate a bowl of granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt for breakfast.


Then helped Suzette load an air conditioner window unit into her Highlander.


At 9:15 I walked four blocks instead of my intended 10 blocks, but later felt growing strength in the back of my thighs. I am starting to be able to push myself up from the edge of the bed or my desk chair without much assistance from my arms.


At 12:00 I heated the leftover Pork and Beans we made with the leftover Pork ribs several weeks ago. It was filling if not memorable. The high point of the meal was the tall chilled glass of Vietnamese coffee I drank with the pork and beans.


Suzette came home at 4:30 but I was in a conference until 5:15. Suzette ate a snack of peanut butter spread on a banana and I ate a slice of Swedish crispbread spread with butter and cod fish roe and a slice spread with butter and Jarlsberg cheese.  


We rested for a bit and at 6:30 we started dinner. I offered to make a Chicken and broccoli and onion stir fry, but Suzette suggested pasta with a chicken, mushroom, and onion cream sauce.


I fetched a 1/2 bag of curly fusilli.  Suzette started a pot of water boiling and boiled the pasta.


I then diced 1/2 small onion, four cloves of garlic, a large quantity of broccoli flowerets, and five portobello mushrooms.  Suzette sautéed those ingredients in a skillet and then added white wine and cream and thickened the sauce by cooking it.


Suzette then drained the pasta and folded iit iinto the pasta.


We opened a bottle of La Ferme Julien (Trader Joe’s $5.99}. 


For some reason Suzette thought it tasted like a Chardonnay but when I checked the website it listed the following varietals of grapes in the blend:

Varietals: 

Bourboulenc

Grenache blanc

Roussanne

Ugni blanc

Vermentino

Sort of a blend of whatever Perrin can buy cheaply.


After watching Finding Your Roots and dinner I worked until 11:30.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment