Saturday, July 23, 2022

July 22, 2022: Dinner - Chicken sandwich and Peanut butter and honey sandwich

July 22, 2022: Dinner - Chicken sandwich and Peanut butter and honey sandwich 


My day reminds me of law school. A little exercise and food and lots of studying and writing.


I started the day working on the brief and then I ate a bowl of granola with milk and yogurt. Around 8:00 I walked with Suzette around the block with a little more difficulty than recently, perhaps because my right hip or spine was a bit out of alignment 


I then started back on the brief, but took a break at 10:30 and ate a fig bar and an iced Vietnamese coffee to wake up and watched the last km. of today’s Stage 19 of the TDF.  It was very satisfying, because the strongest team this year, Jumbo-visna, was able to work for one of its members, LaPorte, who had not won a stage this year to win a stage. It was the first stage this year to be won by a Frenchman.


I worked until Suzette came home around 4:00 with a roasted tarragon and lemon flavored chicken from the Greenhouse Bistro.


I took a break to make a snack.


I toasted a slice of Russian rye and spread Mayo on it.  I then lay slices of chicken breast, basil mustard, lettuce, red onion, and Jarlsberg cheese.  I also pulled three dill pickles out of the pickle jar and Suzette fetched me an apple cider.




I watched TV for a bit in bed to cool of but fell asleep from 6:00 until 8:00.


When I awakened Suzette suggested we soak in the hot tub. We both enjoyed the soak which helped loosen our sore joints and I was able to cleanse my body of the day’s sweat.  The temperature rose to 101 degrees today.


After our soak I returned to the brief and worked on it until 12:30.


After I stood up at 12:30 I was able to straighten my spine and felt the benefit of walking and soaking in less pain.


I hope it cools soon, so we can start cooking and eating full meals.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment