Friday, July 1, 2022

July 1, 2022 Lunch - Hotdog at Costco. Dinner - Salmon Composed salad

July 1, 2022 Lunch - Hotdog at Costco. Dinner - Salmon Composed salad


Today food was of secondary importance.


I ate a bowl of granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt during my appointment with Shahin this morning.


Then I watched a bit of Stage 1 of  the Tour de France, an individual time trial in downtown Copenhagen. I recognized where I used to work in the summer of 1968 across Holmans Kanal from Christianborg Castle. 


I looked to me as if the race passed the Hand I Hand Group where I worked at 6 Holmans Kanal.  My summer job was to extend and foot re-insurance contracts in a large leather bound book that contained hundreds of pages with many lines and each line contained a premium amount and a percentage that represented the insurance company’s portion of the syndicated insurance for each ship’s sailing. Sort of a Lloyd’s of London.  I enjoyed the work.  I worked in an office with several people and we were served lunch of Danish open faced sandwiches in the company’s lunch room every day.


That is where I gained my love of open faced sandwiches.


At 11:00 I drove to my ear exam and found out that there was no wax build up.  The PA prescribed Benadryl and Flonase to open up the tubes that drain liquid from the inner ear into the sinuses.  My hearing is still a work in progress.


After the exam at around noon I drove to Costco and bought the two meds  and ate a hotdog and then filled the tank with gas that was down to $4.25.  Costco was crowded with people stocking up on food and other items for the 4th of July holiday weekend and there as a mass of cars and trucks filling with gas.


I then drove to Smiths and bought a Duck mousse pate’ and a container of mozzarella balls on discount.


I then drove to the bank and finally home.


I deposited the comestibles in the fridge and drove to Bill Turner’s to examine the closing documents for a water rights sale.


When I made it home at 4:50 Suzette had arrived. We both lay down and napped until 8:00 when we composed salmon salads for dinner with diced tomato, dill pickle chunks, egg slices, black olives, avocado slices, and red onion on a pile of gourmet greens.  I made a dill mustard mayonnaise dressing by adding mayonnaise and olive oil to Swedish salmon Sauce from IKEA. The salad was beautifully composed.




We opened a bottle of the French Chardonnay Suzette bought for the Greenhouse Bistro, which did not have a strong malolactic flavor and actually expressed some citrus notes as it warm slightly.  I think she bought a good bottle of Chardonnay.


After dinner Suzette soaked and I ate ice cream.  Then we watched the episode of Somebody Feed Phil featuring Vietnam but I fell asleep.


We went to bed at 10;30.


Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment