Monday, July 11, 2022

July 10, 2022 Brunch - Bacon, eggs, and Toast snack - PPI Chicken Mole and rice. Dinner - Nexus Brewery and Smokehouse

July 10, 2022 Brunch - Bacon, eggs, and Toast snack - PPI Chicken Mole and rice. Dinner - Nexus Brewery and Smokehouse 


I worked on my brief from 6:00 until 7:30 when Suzette went to work in the garden and I watched Stage 9 of the TDF, which was a mountain stage with several category 1 climbs of up to 5000 feet. The champion of Luxembourg, Bob Jungels, took an early lead and held it all the way to the finish. A remarkable effort.


I then joined Suzette in the garden for a few minutes.  We picked mint for mint water.


Then I returned to the kitchen to make brunch.


I fried six slices of bacon and toasted two large slices of the blue corn bread.  When Suzette came in she brought a can of Jumex apricot nectar and made aN apricot brandy drink by adding the cognac to the apricot nectar over ice.


Suzette fried four eggs over easy, which is very good while I made a cup of tea.


We ate inside today as the temperature was rising to 96 degrees.




After lunch Suzette made mint syrup and then went to Los Lunas for an employee pool party and later a baby shower.


I rested and read a bit of Klara and the Sun for book club.


Suzette returned at 5:00 and we drove to Nexus Brewery and Smokehouse on South Broadway to meet Mike at 6:00, so Suzette could listen to a band.  She liked the band and hired Mike’s friend for her birthday party on August 25.


We ordered a three meat platter of 1/2 smoked chicken, pulled pork, and smoked brisket plus BBQ baked beans and Cole slaw.  Mike and Suzette ordered beers and I ordered an Ace semi-dry apple cider that I liked.  The BBQ was Texas style smoked meat platter served with two BBQ sauces, a sweet and a red chili sauce and also onion rings and two slices of bread.


I ordered extra slices of onion.  I enjoyed the Texas style although it was a little more to the dry style.


We ate and listened to the band play soul and blues until the break and then talked to Mike’s musician friend and Suzette worked out with him what she wanted, a Jazz trio.


We said goodbye to Mike and drove home and saw the last half of Portofino, then A season premier of Grantchester, and then Suzette went to bed at 9:00.


I stayed up to watch Cobra, a documentary on Patagonia, and finally a documentary on the life and writings of Elmore Leonard.


I went to bed at 12:00 to blog and read. 


I get energy from protein rich meals like BBQ.


Bon Appetit 




Bon Appetit


Th

No comments:

Post a Comment