Thursday, July 7, 2022

July 6, 2022 Brunch - Steak, onions, and eggs Snack - foie gras on toast

July 6, 2022 Brunch - Steak, onions, and eggs  Snack - foie gras on toast 

Dinner - Grilled, Sauerkraut, and Mashed Potatoes and Pineapple Foster


I awakened at 4:00 and at 5:30 went back to sleep until 7:45. 


I worked for a while and then showered and dressed by 9:00. When I turned on the Tour de France there was a leading group of four about a minute ahead of Pogacar, last year’s winner with 8 miles and one stretch of cobbles to go.


The lead group held its lead and Australian Simon Clarke finished first.  No one had picked Clarke to win.  It was just great racing luck that he found himself in the lead group that was able to hold on to the lead to the finish.


The Yellow jersey and peloton were 3 minutes back, so no threat to upset the finish.


I then went to the kitchen and made breakfast.  I butchered the fat from several slices of PPI beef steak and diced the meat.


I then diced red onion and a clove of garlic and then sliced about ten roasted butter potatoes. I fried the onion first and then added the potatoes and fried them until slightly browned and then added the steak.  I broke and whisked three eggs and added a bit of salt and white pepper to them and poured them over the ingredients in the skillet.


I went to notify Suzette that breakfast was ready and came back and flipped one-half of the egg pancake onto the other half to make an omelet.


I toasted two pieces of bread and buttered them and spread them with orange marmalade and made a cup of tea.


Suzette left after breakfast.


I worked and then slept from 12:30 to 1:30.


I then ate two slices of baguette with foie gras and dill pickle slices and one slice o& baguette with goat cheese.


I then drove to the Law library and researched until 3:30.


I returned home and talked to zsuzette a out dinner.  She suggested a traditional German dinner of brats, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes.


I called Mike and told him we were going to fix him a birthday dinner and texted Willy to invite him to dinner also at 6:30.  Mike said he had some fresh broccoli, so we asked him to bring it and I put a 2015 Gruet Rose in the fridge to chill.


I peeled and diced 1/2 of a pineapple into cubes.


Suzette boiled a bunch potatoes and braised the brats in Negra Modelo beer.  She also braised the sauerkraut with diced apple and apricots from our garden. 


When Mike arrived Suzette deflowered a head of broccoli and steamed the flowerets.  She set the table and charcoal grilled the brats on the propane grill.


I poured the bottle of rose and Suzette plated the plates with a pile of mashed potatoes, then lay 1 1/2 brats on the potatoes and a mound of sauerkraut on top of the brats and steamed broccoli on the side.


The aged Gruet rose’ was surprising good and complemented the Smokey grilled brats.


We enjoyed dinner and talked until 9:00 when Suzette made dessert.


She created a new dessert, Pineapple Foster or rum flambéed pineapple cake and pineapple cubes served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.





Suzette retired after dessert and willy went home.


I poured Mike and me a small glass of cognac mixed with a dash of Trimbach Framboise liqueur for a little nightcap.


At 10:00 we said goodnight and I went to bed.


Out of thin air we came up with a credible birthday dinner menu, thanks mainly to Suzette.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment