Tuesday, July 12, 2022

July 12, 2022 Lunch - BBQ Chicken Salad. Dinner - Oyster Dirty Rice and Stir Fried Yu Choy, onion, and Scallops

July 12, 2022 Lunch - BBQ Chicken Salad. Dinner - Oyster Dirty Rice and Stir Fried Yu Choy, onion, and Scallops 


I woke up and dressed and walked 1/2 mile.  I slowed down terribly towards the end but made it.  We will see if I feel better tomorrow.


When I returned I watched the finish of Stage 10 of the Tour de France and ate granola, milk, blueberries, and yogurt for breakfast.


Then I talked on the phone until 11:00 when I watched the seventh January 6th hearing.  This one was just as revelatory as the last few.  I showed how Trump turned to a new strategy for staying in power as each other strategy failed.


Finally after The Electoral Vote count on December 14, he was left with only one good strategy, to disrupt the certification on January 6 or have Mike Pence decertify the electoral vote in the hope he could prevent completion of certification and throw the election into the House of Representatives where each state would get one vote and he would be elected.


The evidence showed that Trump refused to concede the election and then appointed Sidney Powell special counsel to investigate voting fraud on Dec. 18 and tweeted on the 19th, “Come to Washington on January 6th. It is going to be wild.”


That set in motion a number of White Nationalist Paramilitary groups to organize an attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6th. Two the groups were affiliated with Mike Flynn and Roger Stone.


The evidence also showed that Trump had told several people he intended to call for the crowd to March from the Eclipse to the Capitol before the rally. That it was not a spontaneous  action by the crowd. But planned by Trump.  I think it is a federal crime to incite a riot and conspiring to create an insurrection.


The testimony and evidence was chilling.  There just no doubt in my mind that many of the plotters, perhaps even Trump, will face criminal charges.


I made a salad at 3:00 with the leftover gourmet lettuce, a tomato, the leftover BBQ chicken, the five marinated asparagus and two green onions sliced and dressed it with the refreshed Caesar salad dressing.



I then worked until 5:30 when Suzette said she wanted to fix dinner.


Suzette had arrived at 4:00 but collapsed until 5:30 after another hard day of cleaning out a shed.


Suzette thawed about 1/2 lb. of sea scallops and decided to make dirty rice by combining the leftover rice with a jar of oysters chopped.


I agreed to make a stir fry of the scallops with Yu Choy and onion.


I separated the green leaves from the stalks and cut each into bite sized pieces.  I sliced 1/2 onion into thin strips and minced two cloves of garlic and 1 oz. of ginger.


I then stir fried the hard ingredients in peanut oil and sesame oil and then added the green leaves and scallops.  We made a seasoning sauce with cornstarch, Chinese Cooking wine, soy, and sesame oil that I added when the scallops seemed cooked.


We then served the stir fried over the rice.  Both dishes were delicious together and would have been delicious separately.





We watched the news and the Finding Your Roots at 7:00.


Suzette went to bed at 8:00 and I stayed up to blog and read.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment