Friday, July 8, 2022

July 8, 2022 Lunch - Sautéed Roasted Potatoes, Grilled Brat, and Stir Fried Yu Choy with mixed Vegetables. Dinner - Chicken Mole with steamed Rice and Garden Greens

July 8, 2022 Lunch - Sautéed Roasted Potatoes, Grilled Brat, and Stir Fried Yu Choy with mixed Vegetables. Dinner - Chicken Mole with steamed Rice and Garden Greens


Today was a good day.  I started writing the brief.


I watched a terrific mountain top finish in the TDF.


Suzette wanted to use a chunk of red mole that has been sitting in the fridge for months, so in the morning I fetched and thawed a package of 5 chicken thighs from the garage freezer.


I watched the President speak to the Nation about abortion while I ate three open faced sandwiches, two with Cod roe and Jarlsberg cheese slices and one with Cheese slices and salami with a cup of Earl Grey tea.


I then went to meet with Jim and John at Consensus Planning to review and sign two letters. One to support Marie Coleman’s application to build a coffee roaster and distillery next door to the Old Town Taproom.


And the other letter authorized Consensus Planning to represent me to join the re+zoning of lots along the frontage road on the north side of I-40 west of Paseo del Volcan.  The county was holding up re-zoning because of my 2 acre out parcel next to KOAT’s Doppler radar site.


I agreed to join the re-zoning from Agricultural to Commercial-light industrial, opening my land up to commercial development.


I was thrilled that my vision that Old Town could become an evening tourist and local destination was coming into sight with Marie developing the adjoining property and learning that the area around my two acres west of Albuquerque I got as a fee was being re-zoned by a major developer exceeded my wildest dreams.


After the meeting at 12:30 I returned home and sautéed the PPI Sautéed Roasted Potatoes, Grilled Brat, and Stir Fried Yu Choy with mixed Vegetables in the fridge plus two portobello mushrooms sliced and 1/4 onion sliced plus a dash of Chinese Cooking wine for a very tasty lunch.


After lunch I celebrated and drank a cup of root beer for dessert.


I then prepared a Request for Setting and filed it with the Motion for Summary Judgment and served copies on opposing counsel to help brighten his Friday afternoon.


I then napped until 4:15 when Suzette came home and walked around the block at 5:00.  I felt good all the way although I tired a bit toward the end.


When I returned I helped Suzette prepare dinner.  I started a cup of rice cooking, while Suzette went to the garden and picked a basket full of greens.  I cut the excess skin and fat off the chicken thighs and then Suzette sautéed the thighs in oil,, while I de-stemmed the greens and cut them into bite sized pieces. Suzette then emulsified the mole into a sauce by adding lobster broth in a large enamel casserole to which she added the sautéed chicken to the mole sauce and baked the covered casserole in the oven at 375 degrees for about twenty minutes.


                                                         The rice and steamed greens


                                                         The baked chicken mole



We added the greens to the rice as it was steaming for 30 minutes to cook the greens.


When the rice was finished cooking and the mole heated, Suzette filled plates with rice and chicken mole and added spoonfuls of the re-heated Sautéed Roasted Potatoes, Grilled Brat, and Stir Fried Yu Choy with mixed Vegetables left from lunch.



we drank glasses of Carlsberg Danish Pilsner.


So today was a good day for recycling and using lots of PPI’s.


There was lots of room in the fridge for the rice in its pot to which I added the remaining two chicken thighs and mole sauce.


I ate two chocolate sandwich cookies and lay down to blog and read at 7:45.


Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment