Friday, June 3, 2022

June 3, 2022 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 30, Dinner - 36 oysters and seaweed salad

June 3, 2022 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 30,  Dinner - 36 oysters and seaweed salad


Whole Foods offers shucked oysters on the half shell on Friday.  We have made oysters or Friday night dinner about once a month for the last few months and rarely will order an oyster at a restaurant any longer.


We decided yesterday to eat oysters for dinner tonight.  So at 4:00 when Suzette she was at the bank and about 45 minutes from Whole Foods on Carlisle at Indian School, I called Whole Food’s fish department and ordered three dozen oysters for pick up in 45 minutes. The order was 1 dozen each of WellPoint’s, welslley???, and long whites. I then lay down and watched Ari Melber on MSNBC until Suzette arrived at 5:00.


We decided to eat at 6:00 so we could watch game two of the NHL Eastern Division Playoff between the New York Rangers and the Tampa Bay Lightning. 


I fetched the bottle of Trader Joe’s sparkling Brut Rose I had bought this morning for $6.99 and chilled for dinner.


Suzette served the seaweed salad in a bowl and made a cocktail sauce with catsup, lemon juice, and horseradish and I fetched some saltine crackers.


It was a very light and delicious dinner that we never seem to tire of.







I started the day with a bowl of granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt and a diced strawberry.


Then at 10:30 I drove to Total Wine and bought a bottle of rose, a bottle of Bernenroy XO Calvados, a bottle of gin, and a bottle of Key Largo rum.


I then drove to Trader Joe’s where I bought a wedge of Iberico cheese, a baguette, a bottle of Chevalier cognac and 13 bottles of wine. 


I then called 2000 Vietnam and ordered a No. 30 to go and drove there to pick it up and then home.


I was rather tired by the time I got home but carried in all the purchases before eating.


I added fresh cilantro to the No. 30 and made a Vietnamese Iced coffee to give me a bit of sugar and caffeine and ate about 3/4 of the No. 30.




I usually leave some for Suzette because she rarely stops for lunch when she is running errands as she was today.


She ate the remaining 1/4 of the No. 30, at 5:00 when she returned home after picking up the oysters.


We enjoyed watching The Rangers win game 2 but Suzette fell asleep and missed the final few minutes.


We typically go to bed by 9:30 on Friday nights, because we are beginning to relax from our work week.


I had had a nap from 3:00 to 4:00 so I stayed up to blog and read.


The market took back almost all it gave yesterday thanks to the comments about a coming recession by Jamie Dimon and Elon Musk.


Bon Appetit 



No comments:

Post a Comment