Thursday, June 9, 2022

June 8, 2022 Lunch - PPI Bratwurst, sauerkraut, Mashed Potatoes and broccoli. Dinner - Leftover Lamb Shank in Pomegranate and fig sauce over Egg noodles

June 8, 2022 Lunch - PPI Bratwurst, sauerkraut, Mashed Potatoes and broccoli. Dinner - Leftover Lamb Shank in Pomegranate and fig sauce over Egg noodles


A busy morning.


I showered and dressed and Suzette cut my hair and at 8:30 I prepared a bowl of granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt. I took out the garbage and then my 9:00 appointment arrived.


We worked until 10:00 and then I drove to my podiatry appointment at 10:30.


After that I drove home at noon.  Suzette was making a meat loaf sandwich when I arrived. I decided to heat up the leftover Bratwurst, sauerkraut, Mashed Potatoes and broccoli from dinner two days ago.



I washed down this heavy meal with a Negra Modelo.


It was very filing. After lunch I was tired from my morning activities so I lay down at 12:45 to rest and turned on the TV. Much to my surprise there was a EUFA match between Poland and Belgium being televised, so I watched that until 3:00. Of course Belgium won.  Belgium looks good and I predict Belgium will go a long way in the World Cup competition.


I then checked my telephone messages and found a call from a prospective new client referred by an old client.


He wanted to see me so I met with him for an hour and referred him to a litigation attorney because that was what he needed.


Suzette was working at home, so we downloaded and reviewed the Antique Roadshow tickets for the 14th and then called Barry to discuss dinner in Taos on the 11th.


I nibbled the last Boursin on Melba toast rounds and made a gin and tonic.


Suzette interrupted me and said, “If you are hungry let’s eat.  I am hungry also.”


We quickly decided upon a simple meal.  We would heat the leftover lamb shank and sauce from las night and boil egg noodles and steam asparagus.


Suzette immediately snapped the ends off a bunch of asparagus and started water boiling in the 3 quart pot and boiled generous handfuls of egg noodles.


She microwaved the leftover lamb in pomegranate and fig sauce.


Soon everything was ready.


Suzette filled pasta bowls with egg noodles and I divided the heated lamb and sauce between the two bowls.



It looks ugly but it was delicious.


Suzette fetched the Béarnaise Sauce and drizzled sauce over a plate of steamed asparagus.




We had three open bottles of leftover red wine, some St. Emillion Grand Cru, and some of the Cotes Du Rhone left from last night.  We poured out both.


This dinner was as good as dinner last night with couscous and broccoli, if not better.  I really liked the egg noodles coated in pomegranate and fig sauce with bites of lamb shank. We rolled the asparagus in the Béarnaise sauce and ate them with our fingers.  Pretty wonderful finger food.


We watched Chris Hayes and then at 8:00 we walked the short loop, about 1/3 mile.


I was amazed that I had a steady gait and no pain.  Increasing the daily intake of collagen and turmeric seems to be having an effect.


After our walk I poured my new favorite after dinner drink, a mixture of  Trimbach Framboise liquor and cognac with a couple cubes of ice to cool the drink.


This is a good way to settle one’s stomach after a heavy meal.


Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment