Wednesday, June 29, 2022

June 29, 2022 Breakfast - Sausage, potato, and egg burrito. Lunch - The Compound. Dinner - Pizza and Caprese Salad

June 29, 2022 Breakfast - Sausage, potato, and egg burrito. Lunch - The Compound.  Dinner - Pizza and Caprese Salad

Today was another exceptional food day.  I awakened at 7:00 and started moving around 7:30.


I showered and dressed in khakis, a blue shirt, and took my blue blazer to Santa Fe because  had made a reservation at the Compound for lunch at 12:15 and the suggested dress was business casual.


I got t the kitchen by 8:15 and started making sausage, potato, and egg burritos for Breakfast for me and Suzette.  I diced and sautéed about 1/2 previously baked potato and about 1:/3 lb.of Jimmie Dean sausage in a skillet.  We went to put on my socks and when I returned the sausage and potato was cooked. I added three eggs and stirred the eggs and other ingredients together.  I then toasted two flour tortillas over the open grill and then added three slices of Jarlsberg to each burrito and wrapped 1/2 of the mixture in each tortilla.




Suzette grabbed hers as she left for work and I put several dashes of Cholulu hot sauce on mine and ate it with a knife and fork.


Then at 9:30 I drove to The Supreme Court Library in Santa Fe.  I arrived at 10:30 and did research until 12:00 when I drove to The Compound for my 12:25 reservation.


I was seated at a table in the main dining room.  There were several interesting items on the menu but I was still not terribly hungry, due to the big breakfast I had eaten.







I decided to order a light salad so I ordered the lobster salad.


 Then looked at the wine list and the waiter made a suggestion but I saw one of my favorites and ordered a glass of Elk Cove Pinot Gris.


The salad was a mound of Boston bibb lettuce topped with lobster, tangerine slices, thin slices of red onion with a tangerine vinaigrette.





It was elegant and very tasty, although the lobster was previously frozen, which is perhaps the best one can hope for this far from the ocean for $28.00.


The Compound is a reliably wonderful restaurant and was for many years,  before Mark Kiffen took over as chef 20 years ago.


I returned to the law library at 1:30 and researched until 4:30 and then drove home, arriving at home at 5:30.  It seems like everyone wanted to drive 85 mph.


I rested for an hour.  Suzette came in to ask me what I wanted for dinner.


 I Suggested Chinese stir fried Yu Choy, which did not register with Suzette.


Instead she finally sad, “Let’s eat the pizza.”  There were two pieces of pizza left from my lunch at Titan last week.  I suggested making a Caprese style salad.  We did not have mozzarella so I substituted goat cheese.


Suzette went to the garden and picked about a dozen basil leaves for the salad.


I diced two tomatoes, cut thin strips of red onion, destemmed and sliced strips of basil, and dotted the salad with crumbled goat cheese.  Suzette made a wonderful olive oil and balsamic dressing using some of the olive oil and balsamic vinegar we bought in California.






Suzette opened one of the new bottles of a 2018 Beau Rivage Red Bordeaux she bought for the Greenhouse Bistro and it tasted pretty good.


After dinner we watched the Bangkok episode of Somebody feed Phil.


The food looked terrific.


We went to bed shortly after 9:00 at the end of a wonderful day of food.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment