Thursday, June 16, 2022

June 16, 2022 Lunch - Potstickers and seaweed salad. Dinner- Dad’s Trout Dinner by the Greenhouse Bistro.

June 16, 2022 Lunch - Potstickers and seaweed salad. Dinner- Dad’s Trout Dinner by the Greenhouse Bistro.


I made a toasted bagel with cream cheese, red onion slices, capers and lax for breakfast with a cup of tea. I cut the bagel half in half to make it thinner and the lax thicker for a richer experience.




At 11:00 I watched the third January 6th hearing that presented the evidence of Trump’s attempts to convince Mike Pence to throw the election to Trump by altering the certified electoral votes of those states Trump lost on January 6, 2021.


The testimony was chilling, to know how close we came to losing our democracy.


At 1:00 I sautéed a dozen potstickers in peanut and sesame oil and made a dipping sauce of soy and chili oil and ate them with bites of seaweed salad.




I watched the hearing until 2:00 and then checked my portfolio.  It was down terribly.  Jim Cramer said it was because the Europeans were dumping US stocks.


I listened to a Lower Rio Grande Adjudication hearing from 2:30 to 4:00 and then lay down and watched Ari Melber until 5:00.


I forgot to meditate but Luke called me after 5:30 about the time Suzette came home and we talked to Luke for a while.


The Greenhouse Bistro Chef, Josh, sent Suzette home with the Bistro)0’s Father’s Day meal, Dad’s Trout Dinner that includes a whole pan fried rainbow trout, Cole slaw, and sautéed potatoes with rhubarb/strawberry cobbler for dessert.  We split the dinner and added a couple of spoonful of ratatouille to the plate.




                                              The cobbler with vanilla ice cream





I liked dinner a lot and it reminded me of suppers in the mountains frying trout you caught in mountain streams for breakfast or dinner.


Apparently everyone loves the Father’s Day promotion because the Bistro sold 18 trout dinners today.


We walked around the block after dinner and then soaked in the hot tub for about 15 minutes.


I am trying to avoid surgery by increasing my exercise regimen.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment