Monday, June 20, 2022

June 20, 2022 Lunch - Caesar Salad. Dinner - Hamburger Helper Stuffed Potato

June 20, 2022 Lunch - Caesar Salad. Dinner - Hamburger Helper Stuffed Potato


 Ate a bowl of granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt for breakfast.


I started working at 6:30 and at 10:30 I took a walk but I forgot to take a sugar pill so I only walked six blocks and was sore when I returned.


I rested until 1:00 and then made a Ceaser Salad with smoked anchovies, lettuce, a tomato, Pecorino cheese, and romaine lettuce. The croutons I added were rancid so they abused my stomach a bit in the afternoon but I worked through to 5:00.





Suzette arrived shortly thereafter.  At 6:00 I washed and scored five russet potatoes and baked them at 375 degrees for an hour.


I also thawed two hamburgers.


Suzette then went into the kitchen and created the menu of potatoes stuffed with a sauté of ground beef, Pasilla chili, parsley, a tomato, and scallions, and garnished with green onions and sour cream. 




I opened a bottle of Barbera di Astit for the smoothness and low tannins to complement the mild flavor of the beef and potato.  It was a lovely meal.





We watched game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals and thought the stuffed potato was an excellent hockey dinner.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment