Saturday, June 18, 2022

June 18, 2022 All American Breakfast, Lunch - No. 30 Salad. Dinner - PPI Bobby Flay Chicken with Ratatouille and steamed Snow peas

June 18, 2022 All American Breakfast,  Lunch - No. 30 Salad. Dinner - PPI Bobby Flay Chicken with Ratatouille and steamed Snow peas

Last night I had difficulty sleeping, so I finished Swag by Elmore Leonard, our book club selection for the month, and then spent 1 1/2 hours draft a purchase agreement.  I went to bed at 5:00 and slept until 8:45, so felt mentally alert.  Suzette awakened earlier and worked upon the garden cleaning 1 1/2 of the six beds in the hexagonal garden.


Then while was I showered and dressed Suzette made breakfast. I had brought in 1/3 of a log of Jimmie Dean sausage yesterday.  When I arrived in the kitchen a skillet of country fried potatoes was cooking. I brought in a carton of eggs and Suzette fried two sausage patties and three eggs over easy and we toasted three slices of cinnamon raisin bread for a wonderful American breakfast.


I drank tea and Suzette drank a Bloody Mary.


We then worked in our respective offices until 1:30.


I made a salad by combining some of the fresh garden greens Suzette picked in the Center’s garden and a couple of thinly sliced green onions with the leftover 1/3 of the 2000 Vietnamese No. 30 I ate for lunch yesterday to created an Oriental Noodle salad.



I loved it.


After lunch I continued reading an opinion for my brief.


At 4:30 we stopped and drove to Smith’s to buy several items, including milk asparagus and cookies. We were lucky and found five jars of oysters with an expiration date of June 20 that we were able to buy at a discount and there was a wedge of Murray’s Reserve Gouda in the markdown area that we bought. We also bought a whole chicken to roast this week and a 2 lb. bag of shrimp.


We returned home at 6:00 as Game 2 of the Stanley Cup finals was beginning.  Suzette had a cocktail and started watching it but I was hungry l. I heated a leftover thigh from last night’s dinner with some ratatouille and about seven of eight snow peas Suzette picked in our garden and drank the last glass of La Granja Viura/Verdejo blend of Spanish white wine.


When the plate was heated I added a spoonful of the zesty mint sauce Suzette made last night that is part of the Bobby Flay chicken recipe.




Suzette ate the other piece of chicken and the rest of the snow peas with the last of the calabacitas.


After dinner we watched Colorado beat Tampa Bay 7 to 0 in what turned out to be the third largest margin in the history of Stanley Cup games. 


Then at 9:00 we soaked in the hot tub for about 30 minutes and then went to bed.


The more I eat leftover No. 30’s with lots of fish sauce, and lots of lettuce and green onion, the more I like them.  


The big news of the day came from our art dealer friend, Aaron Payne, who contacted the Christo foundation seeking information on the Wrapped Island piece.


They identified the piece because Jill Pollack’s ownership was registered with the Foundation. The Foundation also said that two similar pieces sold recently in Europe for €80,000 each. That made my day. I had no idea that the piece was registered or that it was selling for €80,000. Of course, registration as an authentic Christo is an essential requirement for selling it for €80,000.


Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment