Tuesday, June 28, 2022

June 28, 2022 Dinner - Sautéed Salmon fillet with Steamed Broccoli and Country Fried potatoes with Mint

June 28, 2022 Dinner - Sautéed Salmon fillet with Steamed Broccoli and Country Fried potatoes with Mint


I ate granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt for breakfast at 9:30.


I watched the Jan. 6th hearing in which Cassidy Hutchison testified for two hours.  As usual the testimony was riveting since she sat just feet away from the Oval Office as Mark Meadows’ assistant and heard and was present for much of the behind the scenes activity and discussions.


I watched until almost 2:00 and then showered and dressed.


I ate two bites of chicken curry salad and then hosted a zoom call with the Titan board and then a group interested in building a plant from 2:30 to 4:15.


After the meeting at 4:30 I lay down and as soon as I did Suzette arrived.


We were both hungry so we decided to cook an early dinner.  We very quickly decided to steam the last head of broccoli, sauté the salmon filet I bought yesterday and cube and sauté an already baked russet potato for an easy dinner.


Suzette made tartare sauce with pickle relish, Mayo, lemon juice, and horseradish.


I went the garden and picked fresh mint to garnish the fried potatoes and minced it.


Suzette fetched a bottle of Emma Reichart Riesling and by 5:30 we were ready to eat.


The salmon was tender, pink in the middle the way I love it and it was fun to dip bits of it into the tartare sauce.




I dozed for about an hour after dinner until Suzette awakened me at 7:00 so wE could watch a repeat episode of Finding Your Roots and then some repeat of the hearing testimony.  Suzette had a tough day and went bed at 9:00.


I followed at 10:00 after finishing this blog with a cup of tea, some pills,  and a few cookies.


I am taking the daily dose of 6 pills of collagen and 2 capsules of turmeric because they seem to have dulled the sharp pains in my hips and quads.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment