Friday, June 17, 2022

June 17, 2022 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 30. Dinner - Bobby Flay Chicken with Mint Sauce and Ratatouille Today was interesting. The most interesting thing was that my muscular conformation held together and I was mostly without paise. The other interesting thing was I slept in, had a small breakfast and a moderate lunch and large dinner and did not feel hunger or pain. I worked from 2:45 to 4:15 on an affidavit, then watched Morning Joe until 5:30, and then slept until 9:00 with several interruptions. I sent out the affidavit, and did a few more tasks, such as finally determined that my notary renewal was far simpler than I was trying to make it and paying my gross receipts tax for May. At 11:30 I checked with Peter and Willy and ordered them and myself a No. 30 from 2000 Vietnam to go. Willy is quarantining with Covid, so I left his in the garage fridge. I made Peter and me an iced Vietnamese coffee and we each ate about 1/2 of our No. 30. Then we did a walk through of the art that may need an appraisal for insurance purposes. Peter left at 2:00 when my new client arrived for an appointment to draft a sales agreement for his business. We worked until 3:25 and then I tried to draft a Purchase Agreement for a real estate sale but erased it my mistake. Suzette came home at 5:30 and a I gave up trying to resuscitate my draft shortly thereafter when Suzette was unable to find the draft. At 3:30 Suzette had called to tell me she would not be bringing home a roast chicken. So, I went to the garage of fetched a bag with five small chicken thighs and defrosted them. At 6:00 we decided to cook the thighs Bobby Flay style which meant rubbed with an herb blend, sautéed on top of the stove weighed down with a skillet filled with water for 25 minutes and then baked for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. There is also a sauce for the chicken dish that consists of 1 cup of fresh mint, ground fennel, 1/2 cup of parsley, ground cumin, and several other ingredients. See recipes below. I fetched the ratatouille and we heated it and served ratatouille with the chicken garnished with the sauce. I opened a bottle of Cortes du Provence rose’ and we ate a lovely meal under the portal of the patio as it rained. Hopefully we are entering the rainy season. I can not tell you how delicious the chicken and mint sauce were with the rose’. Neither of us had slept well last night, so we went to bed

June 17, 2022 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 30. Dinner - Bobby Flay Chicken with Mint Sauce and Ratatouille 

Today was interesting.  The most interesting thing was that my muscular conformation held together and I was mostly without pain.


The other interesting thing was I slept in, had a small breakfast and a moderate lunch and large dinner and did not feel hunger or pain.


worked from 2:45 to 4:15 a.m. on an affidavit, then watched Morning Joe until 5:30, and then slept until 9:00 with several interruptions.


When I reawakened I sent out the affidavit, and did a few more tasks, such as finally determining that my notary renewal was far simpler than I was trying to make it and paying my gross receipts tax for May.


I made granola and blueberries and yogurt and milk around 11:00, but ate only two bites.


At 11:30 I checked with Peter and Willy and ordered them and myself a No. 30 from 2000 Vietnam to go and drove to 2000 Vietnam to pick them up.


Willy is quarantining with Covid, so I left his in the garage fridge.  I made Peter and me iced Vietnamese coffees with coffee, condensed milk, and ice and we each ate about 1/2 of our No. 30.  



                                 Peter the great art appraiser and dealer and friend


Then we did a walk through of the art that may need an appraisal for insurance purposes.  Peter left at 2:00 when my new client arrived for an appointment to draft a sales agreement for his business.


My new client and I met until 3:25 and then I tried to draft a Purchase Agreement for a real estate sale but erased it by mistake rather than saving it. I should have taken a nap.


Suzette came home at 5:30 and I gave up trying to resuscitate my draft shortly thereafter when Suzette was unable to find the draft.


At 3:30 Suzette had called to tell me she would not be bringing home a roast chicken. So, I went to the garage of fetched a bag with five small chicken thighs and defrosted them.


At 6:00 we decided to cook the thighs Bobby Flay style which meant rubbed with an herb blend, sautéed on top of the stove weighed down with a skillet filled with water for 25 minutes and then baked for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. There is also a sauce for the chicken dish that consists of 1 cup of fresh mint, 1/2 cup of parsley, 1/4 pasilla chili diced, ground fennel, 1/2 cup of parsley, ground cumin, and several other ingredients.




                                                           The mint sauce



                                 Weighing the chicken down with a skillet of water


See recipes below.


I fetched the ratatouille and we heated it and served ratatouille with the chicken garnished with the sauce.



The flavor of the fresh zesty mint sauce complemented the thick ratatouille vegetable stew to result in a memorable meal.


I opened a bottle of Cotes de Provence rose’ and we ate our meal under the portal of the back patio during the first rain of this year. Breathing in the moisture of rain was a great pleasure.



Hopefully we are entering the rainy season.


Hopefully the reduction of pain in my hips and legs will last more than one day.


I can not tell you how delicious the chicken and mint sauce were with the rose’.  


Neither of us had slept well last night, so we went to bed at 9:00.


I awakened at midnight to make a cup of tea and drink a cognac mixed with Trimbach Liqueur de Framboise and a pineapple cake to extend the evening’s wonderful food experience.



Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment