Tuesday, June 28, 2022

June 27, 2022 Lunch - Steamed Halibut with Sushi Rice. Snack - Chicken salad Sandwiches. Dinner - Grilled Rib steak with grilled Asparagus , scalloped Potatoes, sautéed Beech Mushrooms, green onion, and Shishito peppers.

June 27, 2022 Lunch - Steamed Halibut with Sushi Rice. Snack - Chicken salad Sandwiches. Dinner - Grilled Rib steak with grilled Asparagus , scalloped Potatoes, sautéed Beech Mushrooms, green onion, and Shishito  peppers.


This was a big food day because I ate four meals.


I ate a bowl of granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt for breakfast at 9:30.


I then thawed a thick steak for dinner.


At noon I heated the leftover Halibut wrapped in Chard on a bed of sushi rice and drank a cup of green tea.


At 1:30 I drove to the bank, the Law School library, which was closed to the public, and finally to Smith’s.


At Smith’s I bought eggs, milk, yogurt, a salmon filet, green onions, a wedge of Pleasant Hill reserve semi-hard cheese, and green beans.


I then drove home arriving at 3:45.


After a couple of phone calls, I watched Ari Melber from 4:00 until 5:00.


I then toasted two pieces of bread and filled them with 


I then completed a draft of a purchase agreement by 6:00.


Mike arrived at 6:30.


Suzette went over dinner with me at 6:15.  Grilled steak, scalloped potatoes, asparagus, and sautéed beech mushrooms, Shishito peppers, and chopped green onion. I had forgotten we had bought thick asparagus perfect for grilling until Suzette fetched them from the garage.


When Mike arrived we first toured the garden that Suzette has been working diligently on until it is starting to looks really good.


Suzette prepped the steak with salt and pepper and the asparagus by snapping their ends and shaking them in a freezer bag with olive oil and salt and pepper.


She covered the PPI scalloped potatoes with Saran and put them into the microwave to reheat.  Then Suzette grilled the steak and asparagus while I sautéed the mushrooms, green onion, and shishito peppers in butter and olive oil. We removed the green onion and mushrooms when they browned and continued to cook the Shishito peppers until they browned and popped open.


We also warmed the remaining béarnaise sauce and opened a bottle of De Ponte 2016 Dundee Hills Pinot Noir.  A very good bottle of wine.


Pretty soon Suzette brought the charbroiled steak and asparaguses in. The steak ranged from medium at the thinner edge to rare next to the thick bone.


 I sliced the steak into long triangular wedges since it had a long thick bone on one side.


Suzette set the table and poured the wine and plated the plates with potatoes and asparagus.  We then each selected several pieces of steak cooked to the doneness we preferred and then Suzette spooned the mushroom and chili mixture over each small pile of steak.


We took the Béarnaise Sauce to the table on the patio where we ate and dabbed bits of Béarnaise Sauce onto our asparagus and steak.


The was a French style meal all the way.


After dinner I fetched the two wedges of Murray’s cheese I had bought on deep discount. For illustration, the Pleasant Hill Reserve Cheese was marked down from $9.80 to $2.49.


We then went inside and talked and then went inside and poured cognacs and talked until Suzette went to bed at 10:30.


Mike and I then talked until midnight.


It was a lovely meal that left me feeling better after the meal than before.


Bon Appetit 







No comments:

Post a Comment