Friday, June 3, 2022

June 2, 2022 Lunch - Leftover Mint Dynasty Dim Sum Dinner - Hamburger steaks with sautéed mushrooms and Calabacitas

June 2, 2022 Lunch - Leftover Mint Dynasty Dim Sum Dinner - Hamburger steaks with sautéed mushrooms and Calabacitas 


I woke up at 7:30 to a whole new day.  Suzette was dipping billing so I offered to make breakfast.  I whisked two eggs with the four egg whites left from the clafoutis to make a light egg mixture.


I diced two slices of Gravad lax, 1/4 onion, and 1 /2 of a small avocado.  I sautéed the onion and then added the avocado and then the egg.  As the egg set up I added the cubes of salmon and then pieces of cream cheese.  Flipped 1/2 on the other half and then Suzette flipped the half to cook the other side.


Suzette toasted a bagel and I spread cream cheese on it.  I drank tea and orange juice and Suzette drank Orange juice.  We took our plates and dRinks to the table under the gazebo in the garden and enjoyed the cool morning air and our lovely garden and a good breakfast.


I worked on two cases today for over two hours.


Then I showered and dressed and at 2:00 I became hungry and heated the leftover dim sum from my lunch with Aaron on Monday at Ming Dynasty.  There was a wide variety of about ten pieces. I drank green tea and dipped them into a dipping sauce of soy and chili garlic paste.




After lunch I checked my portfolio and found that it was up 2.6% for the day. I am still way down but coming back slowly. I then finished my projects and at 4:00 lay down until 5:00 when I meditated.


At 6:00 we drove to Ernest Thompson’s furniture showroom to view the Bob Ellis works on paper.  We met the trustee of the trust he created to own and sell his works of art and heard the plan for selling his works of art.


Then at 7:30 we returned home.


Dinner - We had decided to sauté hamburgers and make Calabacitas for dinner.  We make a none spicy version with bell pepper instead of poblano chili.  I chopped 1/2 of a red bell pepper.  Then I dced a large onion, 5 cloves of garlic, and two medium zucchini, while Suzette stripped the kernels off three ears of corn.  


While the Calabacitas simmered I heated 8 gougeres and poured glasses of 2015 Riviera Reserva Tempranillo from Rioja bought at Costco for $10.00.


We had appetizers with a glass of wine and watched the Colorado Avalanche beat the Edmonton Oilers.  


We put the ingredients in a large casserole with some water and cooked them slowly for about an hour until they softened enough to eat.


Near the end of the hour, Suzette grilled two large hamburgers.





We loved dinner.  The sweet corn gave the Calabacitas a boost of flavor.


Calabacitas is one of the vegetable stews that I love along with ratatouille, which I will prepare in the near future.


Suzette went to bed at 9:30 and I watched Grandchester on PBS and went to bed at 10:30.


Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment