Thursday, June 9, 2022

June 7, 2022 Lunch - Greenhouse Bistro Chicken salad Salad Dinner: Roasted Lamb Shanks in a Pomegranate Fig Sauce, Chard Couscous, and Ratatouille

June 7, 2022 Lunch - Greenhouse Bistro Chicken salad Salad  Dinner: Roasted Lamb Shanks in a Pomegranate Fig Sauce, Chard Couscous, and Ratatouille 


I ate granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt for breakfast.


Then at 11:00 I drove to the Center for Ageless Living in Los Lunas and went swimming with Suzette for thirty minutes. At 1:00 we ate Chicken Salad Salads for lunch.  This was the best salad I have eaten in a long time.  The greens and radishes were grown in the Center’s garden using organic methods.  They were wonderful plus lovely yellow grape tomatoes, sliced red onion, cucumber slices. I dressed the salad with my favorite dressing; raspberry vinaigrette.


We ate outside under the new portal covered by the psychedelic printed fabrics Suzette bought in California a couple of weeks ago.







When I returned home at 2:30 I checked the market and was up .8%, so I was happy about that.


I rested and read until 6:00 when game 4 of the Eastern Playoffs between Tampa Bay and the NY Rangers began.


I called Willy and invited him for dinner and he arrived at 6:30.


Dinner did not require any cooking only heating and assembly.


Suzette heated the already prepared Lamb Shanks in a Pomegranate and fig sauce that we buy at Costco and the PPI Couscous with chard and I had fetched the Ratatouille I prepared Sunday evening from the garage and heated it.


Suzette spooned couscous onto each plate and lay slices of lamb on it and spooned ratatouille next to the lamb.  We fetched cranberry sauce and each added spoonfuls of that to their plates to flavor the lamb a bit more.








I opened a bottle of Cotes Du Rhone red that is my favorite wine for lamb.


Willy was impressed with the dinner.


There was enough lamb and sauce left for another meal.  Suzette mentioned serving it with egg noodles.  Voila!


The lamb shanks are the only prepared dishes we buy at Costco. It costs $7.99/lb. And we do not think we can replicate the dish for that price for ingredients.


After dinner I ate a small slice of brie cheese with another sip of wine.


Tampa Bay won to bring the series even at 2 games each.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment