Monday, June 13, 2022

June 13, 2022 Lunch - La Cocina at El Super Supermarket. Dinner - Sautéed Rib Steak with Calabacitas and a sautéed Mushroom, shallot and Asparagus medley

June 13, 2022 Lunch - La Cocina at El Super Supermarket. Dinner - Sautéed Rib Steak with Calabacitas and a sautéed Mushroom, shallot and Asparagus medley


I ate granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt for breakfast.


At 10:00 after the January 6th hearing I delivered a Writ of Restitution to the Sheriff’s Civil Division and took a rib steak out of the freezer for dinner.


When I returned home I had a phone message from Mike.  I called Suzette, who agreed to inviting him for dinner, so I did.


Then at 1:00 I drove to El Super to replenish our produce.  I bought, limes, romaine lettuce, cilantro, avocados, white onions, a head of celery, vine ripe tomatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, white corn, Persian cucumbers, and a pasilla chili.


At 2:00, although I was not finished shopping I became hungry, so I pushed my shopping cart to the Cocina inside the market and ordered a Chile Relleno plate with double refied beans and a coke served with two toasted flour tortillas for $8.90. I cut the Chile Relleno in half and rolled each half with beans into each tortilla and had a fabulously delicious lunch.






The garnish cart is back so everyone must think Covid is over.  I added fresh minced cilantro and onions to the beans for extra flavor.  Muy Rico.


I returned home at 3:30 and rested after unpacking.


Suzette came home at 5:00 and we watched home improvement shows  until 6:00, when we began to cook.


Suzette fetched the Calabacitas from the garage.


I sliced 6 mushrooms and minced a shallot. Suzette wanted a light red wine, so I chilled a bottle of 2017 Flor de Vin Chianti Classico Reserva I bought at Trader Joe’s for $6.99 recently.  It is an amazing bottle of wine for the money.


Mike arrived at 6:30 with a quart of vanilla ice cream.


We shared the last of the Ferme Julien Whie Cotes Du Rhone with lots of ice and went to the garden and picked 10 stalks of thyme that I stripped of their leaves and flowers and four asparagus stalks. I made a division of shallot and thyme and asparagus between that which was needed for the steak and the mushrooms.


                                   Here is the division.  The big pile is the mushroom dish 



Suzette heated the Calabacitas, sautéed the steak with some of the shallot and thyme, and sautéed the sliced mushrooms in butter and olive oil with the rest of the thyme and shallot and a dash of cognac.


When the steak was cooked to medium rare, I sliced it.


I then uncorked and poured glasses of cool Chianti and Suzette plated the plates with a pile of Calabacitas.  We each picked the slices of steak we wanted and lay them on our plate and Suzette added sautéed mushrooms and dabs of Béarnaise Sauce to the mushrooms.




It was a good dinner.  We ate on the patio. It rained a few drops today, so it cooled a bit as we ate.


At 9:00 we went back inside and Suzette heated the last of the wonderful four fruit cobbler she made last week and put cobbler into parfait glasses and I added scoops of vanilla ice cream.


We opened and poured sniffers of the bottle of Maison Surrenne cognac, which is one of Mike’s favorites.


We watched the Madrid episode of Everybody feeds Phil and then Suzette went to bed at 10:00.


Mike and I stayed up to watch the Maine episode until 11:00 when Mike said goodnight.


We all liked Phil’s pleasant personality and Jewish humor.


I then blogged this entry and went to bed.


Bon AppetitI 

No comments:

Post a Comment