Friday, April 5, 2024

April 4, 2024 Lunch - Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner- Rice, green beans, and beans with Pork Belly

April 4, 2024 Lunch - Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner- Rice, green beans, and beans with Pork Belly


Today I worked much of the day, mostly on Suzette’s filing and an LLC incorporation in the morning and two telephone consults in the afternoon.


At 2:00 I made 1 1/2 quarts of miso soup with noodles. I heated 1 1/2 quarts of water to which I added 1 tsp. of dehydrated dashi and 2 heaping T. of red miso plus. 3 types of noodles, three mushrooms sliced, 1/2 shallot minced, two stalks of celery sliced, 1 oz. of pork belly, and about three oz. of soft tofu. I also sliced two green onions into thin ringlets.  I added the white part to the soup and garnished the three bowls of soup I ate with the green part. The soup was filling, warming, and did not upset my gut.




At 5:30 when Suzette returned home we walked 3 blocks and at 6:00 she started dinner.


Dinner - All the ingredients were already prepared, rice, pinto beans, and pork belly. I snapped green beans and sliced three mushrooms. Suzette sliced some pork belly confit and onion.


Then she sautéed the onion, the mushroom slices, and the green beans in olive oil and added beans and rice to make a stew.  She heated the pork belly slices in the microwave and garnished the dish with slices of pork belly.



Willy joined us for dinner and we opened a bottle of Kirkland chianti Riserva 


During and after dinner, we watched an episode of “Who is Feeding Phil” on the food of Buenos Aires.


After Willy left, we watched another episode on the food of Copenhagen.


Suzette went to bed at 10:00 and I stayed up to watch some bews and doze until midnight.


Today was a nasty day in the market first up nicely and then with the prospect of an Iranian strike on Israel, a huge drop.


For breakfast I ate a chocolate crepe with a latte .

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment