Tuesday, April 2, 2024

April 2, 2024 Breakfast - Granola, milk, yogurt and blueberries. Lunch - Steak Salad with cheese sandwich, Dinner - Steak, broccoli, and potato sauté and Oyster Stew

April 2, 2024 Breakfast - Granola, milk, yogurt and blueberries. Lunch - Steak Salad with cheese sandwich, Dinner - Steak, broccoli, and potato sauté and Oyster Stew


I woke up at 8:00 and started working on Suzette’s project that took until noon.


Around 9:00 I took a break and ate a bowl of granola, milk, yogurt and blueberries.


Then at noon I made a steak sandwich with several pieces of PPI steak from last night, a hard boiled egg, a tomato, and a mushroom sliced with Cesar dressing. I also toasted a slice of baguette and melted several slices of Jarlsberg cheese on it in the microwave.




 Had another bad day in the market with my portfolio losing .0067%.


Then at 2:30 I napped until 3:00 when I dressed. Suzette arrived at 3:15 and I took my first steps out of the house with her at 3:30th we walked a block and back. My first exercise was unusually taxing to my stamina, perhaps because I lacked full support of a walker by using a cane.


When we returned and thawed three jars of oysters and then Suzette napped for 1 1/2 hours.


At 6:30 we started cooking. I diced celery and a leek while Suzette chopped potatoes and oysters and cooked everything in a casserole.


Willy came over around 7:00 and Suzette sautéed steak, potatoes, and broccoli. I took a small amount and it was delicious.  The steak is really good and we have 20 more lb.s of it.


Soon the milk and chicken stock based oyster stew was ready and Suzette and I ate a bowl. The oysters were a little tough, put the soup was still delicious. We ate several rice crackers with the soup.


Willy brought a bottle of rose Lustau vermouth that was pleasant if a bit sweeter than the red.


I am watching 20 Days in Mariapol that was nominated for an Oscar.  It is horrible to watch so much  and suffering.  I can not imagine how it was to live through the destruction of that city.


After dinner Willy left and I ate a bowl of cherry chocolate ice cream with maraschino cherries, and whipped cream and a chocolate chip cookie.


Suzette went to the bedroom to watch her shows.


We went to bed  11:00.


Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment