Thursday, April 18, 2024

April 18, 2024 Lunch - Tasty Noodles and Dumplings. Dinner - PPI Antelope Stew with Couscous

April 18, 2024 Lunch - Tasty Noodles and Dumplings. Dinner - PPI Antelope Stew with Couscous 


I woke up around 6:30 and watched news until 7:30 when I took a shower and dressed.


I ate a bowl of granola, with milk and yogurt at 8:30.


I set up an appointment to meet Chloe at Zia Trust after my doctor’s appointment at 11:00.


Abby came to perform my 1 month progress report and both she and Suzette registered a 160 over 80 and a 150 over 75 respectively for my blood pressure, so I was worried when Suzette drove me to the doctor’s.


But miraculously I registered a 118 over 60 at the doctor’s office.  We forgot to bring our blood pressure cuff, so we could not compare its accuracy to Pres’ and we were left with the confusing situation of monitoring my blood pressure more.


Suzette dropped me off at Zia Trust and I completed the process of opening a self-directed IRA.


When I was finished Aaron picked me up and I suggested eating at Tsai Restaurant around the corner on San Pedro in the Peterson shopping center, but when we arrived we found Tasty Noodle and Dumpling instead and a menu that featured hand made noodles and dumplings. Aaron ordered General Tso chicken, lightly battered chicken deep fried and sauced with a thick sweet orange and chili flake sauce.  I ordered BBQ Filled Baos, steamed buns filled with lightly BBQ flavored pork. These were perhaps the best Bao I have ever tasted.  The steamed bun was incredibly soft and the filling was not overly sauced.


We liked our lunch.  We then went home and did some paperwork to facilitate a proposed transaction between me and Earn.


When Aaron left at 2:30 I checked my portfolio and made a small gain, which was remarkable in the midst of this market meltdown.


I the lay down and watched news until 5:00 when I walked to the next corner and back.  At 6:30 Suzette heated the PPI and couscous.


I drank chai and Suzette opened it bottle of Los Alamos Malbec from Argentina for a glass of wine.


As zsuzette heated the plates of food, I fetched the jars of Mixed Pickle and Suzette’s homemade mango and raisin chutney.





I loved dinner and after dinner after we watched Phil’s New York, we watched Midsomer Mystery and I made cooked chocolate pudding. 

We filled parfait glass and added whipped cream for a delicious dessert.




When Midsomer Mystery ended at 9:30, we wee tired so we went bed.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment