Monday, April 22, 2024

April 22, 2024 Breakfast - Oatmeal. Lunch - Salami Salad. Dinner - Matzo Ball Soup

 April 22, 2024 Breakfast - Oatmeal. Lunch - Salami Salad. Dinner - Matzo Ball Soup


Today was much better than Friday . I ate well and the Market was up and a regained almost half of what I lost on Friday.  Let’s hope for a recovery of the market this week with Big Tech earnings and CPI reporting.


I woke up at 5:00 and ate a slice of raisin bread spread with Peanut butter and honey at 6:00 and went back to bed until 8:45.


Around 10:00 i made oatmeal with brown sugar, raisins and shaved almonds.


Then at noon I walked to to the bank and back.


I felt pain impending my hip, probably form the 3300 steps yesterday.


I made a salad for lunch around 2:00 with lettuce from the garden, 1/6 of a cucumber peeled, seeded, and diced, leftover tomato slices and strips of onion, and salami diced.  I dressed the salad with the Cesar salad dressing and toasted three slices of baguette and covered them with slices of Jarlsberg cheese and melted the cheese in the microwave. I drank water with lunch.



Then I napped and read because  was not feeling well until Suzette came home at 5:30.


Tonight is Passover and Suzette had made chicken broth so I decided to make matzo Ball soup.


I had a box of Streit’s Matzo Ball mix. I followed the instructions to mix the mix with 1/4 cup of olive oil and two eggs.  I also added minced parsley because that is how Mother made it.


I then then dropped walnut sizes balls into simmering water and simmered 30 minutes. The matzo balls were perfect, soft and they had puffed up to about double their original size. Suzette suggested adding asparagus and zucchini to the chicken stock to add vegetables to the meal.   I also thinly sliced three green onions for garnish.  The result was fabulous. I ate two bowls.





We loved our Passover dinner. I can’t believe it was so easy to make matzo balls.


We watched the Antiques Roadshow and then I watched the end of the Phillies v. New York NBA playoff game 2 that NY stole in the last minute and then most of game 2 between Denver and LA with the trio best players in the NBA, La Bron for LA and Jokic for Denver. Although we made chocolate chocolate chip and raisin cookies so I can take a dozen to Miss Page tomorrow during the second game.




Again, Denver stole this game with a fade away buzzer beater by Murray.

I went to bed at 10:45 after two fantastic games.


Bon Appetit.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment