Saturday, April 20, 2024

April 20, 2024 Brunch - Bacon, Eggs, and Toast. Snack - Salad Nicoise. Dinner - Bao Sa.

April  20, 2024 Brunch  - Bacon, Eggs, and Toast. Snack - Salad Nicoise. Dinner - Bao Sa. 

I was hungry early so toasted three small pieces of baguette that I spread with butter and cherry preserves.


We then unloaded dirt from Suzette’s cat for the garden and I picked lettuce while Suzette weeded.  I then cleaned and spun the lettuce and put it in a plastic bag in the fridge to crisp.


Then around 10:30 she drove to pick up a box and I fried 5 slices of bacon for brunch and toasted and slice of rye bread and spread it with Zabar’s scallion smear and garnished it with the last piece of lax from Zabar’s that Luke brought us.


When Suzette returned she fried three eggs and heated beans and toasted a slice of  baguette.



We ate a lovely brunch. Then I lay down at 12:30 and watched Arsenal go into first place with a win over Wolverton.


I then started reading Dance Hall of the dead by Tony Hillerman and Suzette worked at her desk until 3:00 when we made salads Nicoise for a snack.  They were super salads Nicoise because besides being composed with lettuce from our garden, grilled Aji tuna, roasted potatoes, steamed green beans, and olives, we added diced tomato and cucumber.


It was a real salad Nicoise dressed with our usual Cesar salad dressing.




I then lay down again until 7:30 and watched Game 1 of the Lakers v. The Denver Nuggets.


I then heated the two Bao Sa left from lunch on Thursday and we each ate one with a dab of hoisin sauce.




I also drank a cup of Chinese green tea.


Later during Death in Paradise we shared the last of the chocolate pudding.


Suzette went to bed at 10:00 and I stayed up to watch Paris Murders until 11:00.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment